The Brazen Lions Chapter, successors of the Dark Angels

Azrael9091

Hi people !! 

This is the tread where I will be posting the pictures of my Brazen Lions chapter, a Dark Angels successor with a strong ancient greek vibe (don't worry they still have lots of knights element and first legion little things) 

So the first pictures are an intercessor squad that I painted right after the first lockdown

Hope you like it !

Thanks man, that's what I'm doing to do

Well  technically this is bronze, but I highlight it with gold, so that's fair :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Well I did a lot of research on the 3d party helmet but to me none really beat the one from the alpha legion, there is still those of liberdaemonica, but they are too beautiful and pricey to be used for line troop, especially if I do a lot of minis

Cool theme and color scheme. Dig the flamberge.

Thanks, well this guy is the voted lieutenant of the Firewing in my chapter, so I wanted to give him a duellist weapon

I love it, thoroughly unique take on the Sons of the Lion!

Appreciate it, I tought that there was enough knightly take on the Dark Angels, so I wanted to go in a different direction (it's justified in the lore of the chapter) but there is still knighty element and lot of reminescence of the Fist legion in this chapter

received 508945079798309

20210218 185313

20210218 185300

20210218 185247

20210218 185234

20210218 185219

20210218 185203

Here is my squad of bolter aggressor painted early in the first lockdown, at these times I was still struggling with my recipes and lining, but heh practice make right.

I used cataphractii shoulders pads and MkIII heads because I really dislike gravis heads and aspect and. My stance evolved and the aspect and I don't use cataphractii shoulder pads anymore (mainly because It's too hard to find them) but I still like the aspect MkIII head give them, so I'm still using them on my other gravis

Simple yet effective way of making those aggressors stand out while still tying to the Greek theme...Good job!

If I may, I just wait to point out that those brown leather groin accessories and parchment don't quite seem to pop out in the middle of all that bronze.

Thanks and yeah I know leather and parchment as I paint them aren't that much standing out. For it's not that big of a deal, since we can difference them, and they look fine, but I'm still trying to find a May to make leather pop on my Brazen Lions, especially since I plan to slap pteruges on basically all my future minis