With the Company of the Grey

Wulf Vengis

So i have some ideas kicking in my head and i think I'll try jot them down real quick.

I don't want to cut up a land raider (those things aren't cheap even on the second-hand market). So I'll forgo the reverse raider and double-wide raiders for now. Instead I'm looking into WW1 British Male and Female tanks for that project.

I'm still going to build my land raiders with conversion doors and bits and will still test out my other raider idea of no sponsons for increased transport capacity but with a manned turret instead.

I've got an M113 on its way for a Rhino idea based on the work of Frater Ryltar Thamior in his Vox Stellarum thread; found here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/359083-vox-stellarum-hara-barazaiti/. However I'm not sure the physical tank is Astartes enough for space marines and may figure out another way to use it. I'll figure that out when the model is in hand.

I have a plethora of Wulfen (new and old), at the moment (they seemed to be packaged with every set i bought), I'll use some of those and the Kromlech primaris bodies to make a group of less feral looking Wulfen (more akin to the old Eye of Terror style). These will be the personal bodyguard of Sternhammer.

I have more than enough weapons, doors and other bits to convert each of my old rhino/razor combos.

I'll use a pile of the primaris marines, weapons and magnets to covert up some primaris bloodclaws and maybe some grey hunters if there's enough left.

Edited by Wulf Vengis

med_gallery_33718_6703_455009.jpg

I appreciate the fact you relocated the twin assault cannon from the hull to a turret, allowing it to traverse 180 degrees as well as elevate to engage flyers. But where are the Land Raider Crusader's hurricane bolters? Are you omitting the weapons so it may transport 22 models (the vanilla Land Raider's 10, plus the additional six the Crusader can carry after sacrificing the lascannon generators, plus an additional six after sacrificing the hurricane bolters) or Primaris Marines? Or will you mount the hurricane bolters in additional gun turrets?

I was planning to forgo the sponsons, head canon says that without them, it can transport more bodies/primaris/wulfen. However I'm entertaining the idea of mounting the hurricane bolters differently, though I'm not sure how yet. Edited by Wulf Vengis

This is Ulf. Ulf is a bloodclaw who likes long walks in the tundra, hunting excursions and flying into blind and violent berserker rages:

med_gallery_33718_6703_653019.jpg

Ulf had a problem, now he doesn't. How did he solve it?

Edited by Wulf Vengis

Rubicon Primaris: Bloodclaws

I figured I'd show the bloodclaws of the Grey Company before the primaris upgrade began, but beyond the few pics in my gallery i never actually took any. So here's what they look like currently. Mind they're being pulled and cut apart, then rebuilt into something ...more than they were.

med_gallery_33718_6703_634554.jpg

Edited by Wulf Vengis

I really like the adventure you are taking your Bloodclaws on, Wulf - are you taking them rules-wise from a Bloodclaw pack to a Assault Claw Primaris pack, or will you continue to use them with the Bloodclaws rules?

Are you also like me and really wish that GW had done just a bit more work on distinguishing packs for the Wolves’ Primaris cohort?

I really like Ulf’s bloody face and hand - like he plunged it into his enemy and rummaged around for some “spare parts” to pull out, and then just needed a place to wipe off the grime.  :laugh.:

The Land Raider is a neat idea, I like all the armor additions, but I do think it looks a little odd without any additional armaments.  The Deimos Rhino is very cool, and I like the name!

Is Arnbjörn using a 3rd party plasma incinerator (I think that’s what they are called - I just don’t recognize the bit)?  And where’s that head from?  It’s a very cool piece, looks very Wolverine with a top-knot-esque.

Thank you kindly for the comments.

They'll still be Bloodclaws. I'm treating this primaris thing as just a model upscaling. Similar to the 5th edition terminator release. New, better models, same old rules.

I do deeply wish that gw had handled primaris ... differently in many ways.

He pretty much did just that. His post human hands are lethal weapons. His ultimate endgame (head canon) is to embrace the beast before falling to chaos. But those are spoilers so shush.

The land raider modification comes loosely from the idea of the original Spartan. My Wolf Lord needed to get a lot of bodies across the battlefield, so ordered his iron priests to make it happen. Thus the Hríðverjaskip (her-ith-vair-yuh-skip) or Stormfarer was buil. I had originally intended for no weapons but just couldn't commit to that. Even still, without the sponsons I figure it'll need 1 or 2 razorbacks or predators or perhaps land raiders as support to reach its objective. But honestly it's just a fun fluffy thing i wanted to do for my great company. Every Viking Lord needs a boat, even if he's not currently inside.

The Røkkrveiðr is (checks fluff outline) most commonly dedicated to Arnbjorn's pack Sól-höggva (sole-hoog-vah), the Sun Strikers, who earned their moniker by carrying plenty of plasma weapons into battle.

Arnbjorn's plasma gun is a Kromlech "Prime Legionary Assault Plasma Rifle", found here: https://bitsofwar.com/home/1370-prime-legionaries-assault-plasma-rifles.html . His head is also from Kromlech, it's from the "Sons of Thor Veteran Heads" set, found here: https://bitsofwar.com/home/1476-sons-of-thor-veteran-heads.html . They actually have a straight Wolvie snikt head, found here: https://bitsofwar.com/home/1477-sons-of-thor-heads.html .

14 Bloodclaws, 12 with magnetized shoulder sockets and bolt pistol/chainsword arms, 1 magnetized power sword arm.

med_gallery_33718_6703_544589.jpg

To do list: Magnetize 2 more Bloodclaws shoulders then build and magnetize 2 more bolt pistol and chainsword arms. Also build and magnetize power axe and power fist arms as well as a pair of flamer arms. Transfer over or paint up the necessary pauldrons. Magnetize each Bloodclaws back mount then magnetize backpacks and jump-packs. Consider moving Arnbjorn's arms and head to another body.*

*I built Arnbjorn out of one of the bodies i used for the bloodclaws when i should have built him out of one of the Indomitus marines, which i intend to use as grey hunters and/or wolf guard (except the bikes, those are Bloodclaw/wolf guard).

Edited by Wulf Vengis

Pauldrons started. This is difficult. I'm trying to recreate that yellow on the older pauldrons. I'm getting close and i might have to accept a "close enough" shade.

Heads are started. Base flesh tones are on and hair is based as well.

med_gallery_33718_6703_323107.jpg

Progress.

Just did an inventory check in my bits box and found 4 jump-packs.

This seems strange to me as I know back in early 2000-2001 (before I'd chosen a chapter) I bought 2 assault squad boxes. Then unhappy with their tabletop performance I traded or gave them away, only to have GW send me a box a little while later, because my grey hunters or bloodclaw box was packed without bases.

This lead to a short period of time between 2002 and 2005 where every box I bought of literally anything from a certain long ago closed store something was missing, or mis-molded/deformed what have you and GWs response when I called was to simply send me a box of assault marines.

This totaled I think 8 boxes over three years. All of these (well most anyways) were used as claws, hunters, guard/lord what have you. But I never used the jump-packs, I always intended to save them and magnetize them for skyclaws someday.

Perhaps I gave them to a friend back in my Adepticon years (2010-2012) for a project or army, but I don't remember that at all, if indeed that is the case. I still haven't checked my sprue boxes either.

Hmmm...

Sprue checks done and no jump-packs. Curiouser and curiouser.

Oh well, bloodclaws remain bloodclaws, at least their pack mounts are magnetized for future flight possibilities.

On to painting backpacks and detail then.