When will primaris marines ride in a Stormraven?

I don't think anyone is suggesting that in the lore a Primaris can't ride around in a Landraider.

The game limitation is not linked to lore, as I pointed out earlier. It's about the future of the two model ranges.

Some have posited the size limitation as a reason, which would be seated in lore. This is obviously incorrect, as it does not explain the converse of why firstborn can't ride in primaris vehicles.

It's definitely gameplay in nature only as you said. Whether that persists going forward or not, I don't know.

I would definitely be surprised if 10th was firstborn-free, some chapters like DA don't even have a single of their classic characters updated yet. There is also quite a bit of new art in 9E with their elements, including almost every new piece in the 9E DA supplement for instance.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

I don't think anyone is suggesting that in the lore a Primaris can't ride around in a Landraider.

The game limitation is not linked to lore, as I pointed out earlier. It's about the future of the two model ranges.

No, the game limitation is to make you buy the overpriced (both points and $$$) piece of crap Primaris "transports" they have.

Because Games Workshop is a model company who makes a game for their models, not the other way around. They want us to buy the overpriced new stuff

Nah not that simple. GW would sell more models if more were available as transports.

The Landraider kit costs more than a Repulsor. The Raven is expensive too.

They don't want to be tied to the older line so that they can transition it to Legends in the future without impacting the way Primaris play. It's a slow, long transition. It's very clear at this point.

Nah not that simple. GW would sell more models if more were available as transports.

The Landraider kit costs more than a Repulsor. The Raven is expensive too.

They don't want to be tied to the older line so that they can transition it to Legends in the future without impacting the way Primaris play. It's a slow, long transition. It's very clear at this point.

No, it's exactly that reason, let's not kid yourself.

The MODEL COMPANY Games Workshop made NEW MODELS and wants to SELL THEM. Why make old models that made back their investment compatible with the new things when they have a NEW MODEL to sell  that works with them?

Calm down lol.

Of course they want to make money. I'm not convinced that they wouldn't make MORE money by encouraging all the new people that joined to hobby in the last 2/3 years to buy even more models by having more options. I certainly would have bought a Spartan if it could transport Primaris, as an example. This would have no impact on the new units I buy.

This decision is one about the future of the Primaris range, not strictly about sales. If they wanted to sell more models they would give the new vehicles better rules lol. That's the best way to create buzz and interest.

Edited by Ishagu