Templars Fist Chapter

I don't think that the name implies anything with regard to colors or badge. For example, the Red Templars draw upon the "red" in their name for their primary color and they don't use a Maltese cross as their badge, instead using a fleur de lis (which is a stylized cruciform shape). You could easily use any color combination that you want rather than assuming that "Templar Fists" automatically means Black Templars/Imperial Fists and thus requires quartering of the primary colors of those Chapters (black and yellow). You could make them green and it would still work. If you want to use yellow and/or black, there's nothing wrong with that; but you don't have to use either of those colors if you don't want to. Since the name itself doesn't automatically suggest a livery (unlike Black Consuls, Templars of Blood, or Grey Slayers), is there some color combination that you want to use? Personally, it would be refreshing to see something a but more sophisticated - a scheme that uses a main color such as purple or green or orange (none of which are common to other Chapters that use either "templar" or "fist" in their name). It's your Chapter, though, and you are the one that has to paint it and look at it each time it's on the table, so I think you should pick something that works for you.

Something else to consider is that simply using those words in the Chapter name doesn't mean that the Chapter has to be a Successor of the VIIth Legion (re: the Templars of Blood are a Blood Angels Successor, the Silver Templars are an Ultramarines Successor, and the Iron Fists are an Iron Hands Successor). Both of those name elements are frequently, but not exclusively, used by Successors of the VIIth Legion; and the combination of the two elements would be highly appropriate for such a Successor. You could easily get away with making them a Successor of a number of Legions, however (some more likely than others).

Personally, though, I'm not keen on the name. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be in the minority here, but hear me out. While "Templar" is in the dictionary as a noun, the usage of "templar" (without the "s") is as an adjective. "Knights Templar" was a short form of saying Knights of the Temple (much the same way that "Knights Hospitaller" was short form for Knights of the Hospital). Note that for both, the plural form is either Knights Templar/Hospitaller or, when used without "knight," they are the Templars/Hospitallers. This is much the same as the court martial (pluralized as courts martial) and sergeant major (pluralized as sergeants major). All of the official Chapters that use "templars" use that word as the noun, with the other word(s) serving as the adjective (e.g., Black Templars, Templars of Blood, etc.). In this, you are using "templar" in its adjective sense (since "fist" is obviously used as the noun portion of the name), so the better form (in my opinion) would be either Fists Templar or Templar Fists (I prefer the former, but YMMV).

• 2 weeks later...