Fides supra omnes crusade showcase (Primaris)

Master222

On 8/26/2022 at 3:56 PM, Reinhard said:

A return in style!

Thanks! Let's hope it's not temporary :D

As usual progress is slow but...
Since I've ditched the chain mail idea I thought that the squads where lacking some character even with the small adjustments. So roaming through my bits box I found those backpack banners that basically all sergeants where having back in the days of midget marines. They don't fit my taste for the regular marines anymore since going to primaris scale, but... They actually look like a good size for a more roman legion styled smaller banners. Quick check and yup they will work perfect for the crusader squads. Each now gets a banner just for the looks and I got them some leftover intercessor holsters for the weapon they currently don't have in the banner hand to make then WYSIWIG as close as possible. 

Spoiler

large.1991643433_crusaderswip1.jpg.44ed9726b6f1b6e44342b2c910733f5e.jpglarge.956557683_crusaderwip.jpg.4e0d4e81f1e505f6d538f576df907a05.jpg

I will look if I have some spare badges or purity seals to give them some extra bling but otherwise, basing, priming and ready to paint. 

Also I can drop the WIP of the Chappy on bike. I was initially planning to chain Him up, but just recently found my bag with the chains inside that I displaced when moving and now looking on him I'm not sure He still needs it

Spoiler

large.1824371284_chaplainwip.jpg.6fd380f3c519ecbe95886e92801a7039.jpg

Edited by Master222

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all of the warm words :) I just recently managed to paint a test neophyte. I also took the opportunity to again alter my painting regime to make it faster. Reverted back to a black primer. In the past I used either grey or white as it made painting the shoulder pads and cloth easier for me. Recently though I've created a good workflow for doing the cloth that starts from dark brown so the white primer is basically used only for the pads and maybe some of the reds, so I think I will manage building it up from black now that I have a little bit more skill than when I started painting templars in I think 2019.

Here is the fellow painted:

Spoiler

large.769912202_Crusaderpainted1.jpg.b44cb97afe87b0529addf62a4ce5a997.jpg