Frustrating delivery games from Games Workshop

phoenix01

On Saturday, 20 February 2021 at 1:11 pm Eastern Standard time, I ordered the Swords of Calth collection (consisting of the model Uriel Ventris, the hardcover of Swords of Calth, and the deluxe bookmark along with the kids book Plague of the Nurglings for my son from the GW website. I received the confirmation of the order almost instantly, then I began the wait. Of course, it was too much to hope it would ship on time (Saturday, 27 February), but I figured the COVID situation might delay things for a few days what with the poor service from the Post Office lately.

Ah, but it was not the Post Office that would mess things up.

Earlier in the day on Wednesday, 10 March, I started thinking to myself how it had been almost three weeks and that if I hadn't heard something by Friday, I'd have to begin the irritating task of contacting Games Workshop customer service. It's not that it's hard, just slow to get a response. But then, Eureka! I get an email on Wednseday at 2:01pm saying great news my order is on the way! A little over two hours later, I receive the delivery details email with tracking number. UPS follows up with a shipping notification for that tracking number, saying it would deliver Saturday, 13 March. Just a few more days, right?

Then today, I get the following email from uk.custserv@gwplc.com:

Hi There

Thank you so much for your order over our Black Library Celebration Weekend. It really was a great one this year!

So great in fact, one of the Imperiums greatest heroes was even more popular than we had initially anticipated, and as such we have to make more - which as I am sure you can imagine takes a little time.

I am afraid that your order [ORDER NUMBER REDACTED] managed to sneak through before our message had updated on the webstore, so we are just letting you know you will get Uriel Ventris, but he may take up to 120 days - although we will do our best to get that number down!

If this causes you any problems please let us know, and we can separate the other items in your order so they can be sent out in our normal time frame.

Any other concerns or questions you might have around this, please let us know and we will do our best to help you out with those too.

Take care.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?! You have got to be kidding me. Four more months? Really? Last time I ordered something only to be told it would be up to 120 days but they'd work on getting it out sooner, it was actually 129 before it shipped. Plus, something shipped; what was it? Is it the books and bookmark without the model? What the heck is going on here? 

Gamesworkshop Customer Service is usually pretty great, the best place to get more info on what happened is directly through them. It's definitely a frustrating thing to happen but the B&C isn't the best place for this as we don't work with/for GW, we really can't help! If you've got any questions, feel free to PM me about this