Piety & Pain... who got one ?...

MithrilForge

So who actually managed to snag a box ?!?...

Our local FLGS was allotted 4 boxes and I did manage to get the first one with my mate... we went when they opened the front doors...

please tell me some of you also got one ?!?...

Mithril

Usually this kind of thing gets people angry enough to make a few posts but I can not find anyone talking about the fact that it looks like no one got a box. If I didn't know about the box I would of not even noticed it was on sale.

Do sister collectors not want the models in it, or is that Dark Eldar have too many models or most people do not collect both armies and found the box unappealing? I thought everyone was going to want this box in some way?

I heard rumours of a reprint but none of them are trustworthy to hold out hope.

Edited by Black_Knight

So who actually managed to snag a box ?!?...

Our local FLGS was allotted 4 boxes and I did manage to get the first one with my mate... we went when they opened the front doors...

Mithril

Im not gonna buy it, but I was in store and got myself some paints and chaoz black spray. And a talos.

But I managed to get a look of the box, and it looks pretty good. I like the mash up between sisters and dark eldar, perfect if you want to buy it with a friend. The units in the box are not exactly my favorites, imo. scourges and wyches are not exactly the strongest units in the dark eldar codex. A venom isnt as strong as the corresponding tank siusters have. It looks like sisters would actually win, unless lelith gets in to close combat with the sisters squad. But all in all, very nice. And fun that dark eldar got into the spotlight; almost like in DoW: Soulstorm.

I got one, put out the call to a local store owner a week or so before pre-order and had no problem. Also grabbed blood of the Phoenix while I was there, since its units are a gold mine now.

And on that end, wyches are very good for a troop choice. You can use them as filler for realspace, big blobs to push down things with or as the extremely annoying bloodbrides. Imo only the Player is a better basic troop unit, and only because they pay so much more over a wych.

Either way, the cult units are so out of stock that I should be able to paint and flip it all for a decent amount.

My FLGS got 4 and I think only two were spoken for (pre-orders), so there's two on the shelves now

Edited by Gederas

Drove 3 hours to the Citadel Cafe. Was there by 8:45AM, and I was the second person waiting, Walked into the store at 11:00 picked up one of the six copies they had. So that plus the Patrol Box and Codex . A late Christmas ? lol.

Obligatory followup: Lelith ..... Model is perfectly acceptable. Though I still prefer the prior verson.

Got my half of the P&P box. Really nice and worth the price. I now have one of the new vehicles for my sisters. Also gives me my 2nd retrib squad and the new lovely who has no PL rating or points cost, hmm? Unfortunately i just realized i posted this in the DE section. However the reason i didnt keep that part is i have the metal Lelith which i cherish, 80 wyches, lots of scourges and 6 venoms already so no need for them. Bummer. Edited by Dread

Follow up on seeing the Lelith model in Real Life... She's awesome :wub: , I totally think it's GW's Paintjob that's giving her the bad rap :down: ...

I may post a pic when my mate paints her up...(Obviously I lost the coin toss and got the sisters..:ermm: ..not a raw deal but hey :sweat: )

Mithril

• 3 weeks later...

A buddy of mine, who collects Sisters of Battle, managed to grab a box from a store the day the shops started opening. I had just decided to relive my 4th-6th edition Dark Eldar glory days, so it worked out nicely.

Just waiting for pay day to grab my half.