Rogue trader crimson fist

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Rogue said:

How have you achieved the gradient from dark blue to the highlights on each panel? It looks more subtle than just a couple of layers of highlights.

Hi Rogue, the colors below are what I used. Base with Kantor blue. Then a heavy dry brush with Alaitoc for the first highlight and then Lothern blue for the second highlight.  Now because I did a heavy dry brush with those two colors my fig will look dull and scratchy.  The trick to fix that is to back over the entire fig with a “ glaze “ of your base coat.  I mix the Lahaina medium with Kantor blue 80-20 or 70-30%.  That will bring the blues back. Then hit it with a final highlight of Lothern blue just on the edges. Nuln oil for the joints pulls it together. That’s the quick explanation. Not that quick to pull off. So yes! Not just the two highlights. I did screw it up twice before I got the result I wanted 

not sure if that helps at all

IMG_6295.jpeg

13 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

Looks great. :smile: The detailing on the legs (checkerboarding) isn't something you see often :thumbsup:

Thanks, I’m still not sure about the checker boarding. On one hand I love it to death on the other hand. I feel like he’s a taxi driver. I definitely can’t change it now, I mean I could paint over it but too much work! Again, I appreciate the comment