Scimitar Hover bikes counts as unit

CCE1981

I find Attack bikes pretty derpy. I am also not a big fan of the ATV.

Can anyone see a reason why not to use a Forgeworld Scimitar Jetbike with appropriate sized base? I would magnetize the weapons probably use a Kheres Assault Cannon as an Onslought Gatling cannon and add a magnetized Storm bolter, twin bolt rifle. Possibly in the rider’s hand.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Legion-Scimitar-Pattern-Jetbike

Anyone have any thoughts. If you saw that on the table would you be cool with it?

I am not sure on the sizing, I am thinking of just using an appropriate sized base and swapping a Stormbolter for a twin bolt rifle.

I am doing similar with jet bikes - painting up the MM or HB with the biker using a combi-bolter from the Alpha Legion kit to keep it all looking HH era. (That and I like the look of the box clip).

I’m just using mine as attack bikes, though, and I’m sure as long as you keep it consistent opponents shouldn’t mind. For Tournaments, check with the TO!

I would say running them as attack bikes would be more in line with the unit. I own six of them for emperors children 4 heavy bolter two volkite/multi melta. I’ve also run them as land speeders with little complaints. If you plan on playing in a tournament be sure to run them by your TO before hand. And if you get the blessing then that is all that matters.

• 2 weeks later...