Unit of the week series: Blightlord Terminators

Plague _Lord

Oh they look great, thank you for sharing! I really like the overall look, the colours blend in nicely based on their pre-nurgle colours. The bases are very unexpected, like a wide open field on a dry summers day during a bit of a drought - those flowers are look so delicate and effective, who's are they and do they do them in other colours please?

I understand not wanting to pick out every detail if you wanted to get them done in good time, thankfully DG are very forgiving once you start applying washes and weathering.

Thanks! The bone is Apothecary White over Wraithbone primer, then streaking grime with most wiped off with q-tips after like 10 minutes! It's very quick and I think it looks good. I like the pre heresy colors a lot too! The black and bone color idea came from the article about pre heresy deathguard destroyer squads and their colors GW put out.

I base all my armies in the same scheme so they look good together on the table top!

Here is a link to the pack I get, but they do a lot of different packs and individual tuft sets!

https://www.gamersgrass.com/product/highland-tuft-set/

I find their tufts to be really good! Bit pricey, but they go a good ways. I have used two packs so far on like 72 plague marines, 10 special characters, and 11 termies, so its not bad in my opinion. I tried cheaper ebay tufts and flowers from China but honestly they are not as nice IMHO.

Thanks for the reply! I guess having duplicates is the price to pay for such nice models. I have the Cohort pack (x2) so I can filter in some variety, but for 20 of these things, that's triple repeats. I'll just have to spread some ichor and gunk a little more liberally to blend out the duplicates :)

I made mine a bit more distict by adding deathshroud heads to my blightlords. It takes some work to make them fit but it looks great :)

As for playwise - I've never lost a game in which I've used 10 man blightlord bricks. I imagine they just got way better... Have a tournament comming up next saturday - will do a report.

The new AoC Rule has me taking another look at Baleswords over Bubonic Axes.  IMO the main benefit of the axe was going into T7 of MEQ units but the drop to AP1 against those units hurts.  Balesword terminators buffed with Eternal Hatred or Putrescent Vitality is likely the way to go.

Also, the Plagueskull of Glothika was always an excellent upgrade for the Champion, but perhaps even more so now to help the Blightlords push through AoC buffed, high T units. 

I imagine Break Their Spirits will see more play as well, which makes the Plaguebringer Relic a more interesting option for the Champion as well.

@MCB82, GeneralJannis on youtube posted a pretty informative breakdown of axes vs swords yesterday! Can be viewed here:

TLDR: Axes and swords still seem about equal, primarily matchup/invuln save dependent. Swords have certainly gotten a glowup with the dataslate, and with the popularity of power armored armies I can definitely see them being the go to pick from now on. You pointed out some synergies that benefit swords more than axes, but the opposite is also true. The Inexorable, for example, can make axes the same ap as swords while retaining the wounding benefit at specific Toughness breakpoints.

Axes wounds T4 units an a 2+, rerolling 1's which is pretty big. They also are better vs a whole lot of monsters and vehicles in the game. I think I'll be sticking with axes.

Thinking about putting a combi melta on the champ of my blightlord squads.

So how does Rotwind interact with the new armor of contempt rule?

Rotwind effects an enemy unit while armor of contempt says if this unit is under the effect…

Edited by McElMcNinja

So how does Rotwind interact with the new armor of contempt rule?

Rotwind effects an enemy unit while armor of contempt says if this unit is under the effect…

RAW - lascannons shooting from a unit affected by lungrot will be an effective ap 0.RAI who knows?

While it's fun to have 1 unit of blightlords be all but imperviuos to damage, not being able to use vehicles is too limiting to be competitive for me.

• 8 months later...