Ynnari WIP

steamius

And here is the latest HQ conversion/kitbash for my Ynnari.

This project was super fun, as I went in to it blindly, and improvised as I went on. The legs were the most difficult part of the build, as I used Yvraines, Wyches and Kabalite Warriors part here. Yvraines legs had to be pinned and then green stuffed as they were so thin, that the glue had no hold. The other difficulty here was to line all the part perfectly up, which took me three days to do, as they always unglued or broke after the slightest pressure. 

For the polearm arm I used Jains Zar arm and polearm handle, and the blade is a random Harlequin blade. The shoulder pad also is from jainzar, as I think it adds some weight to the model. 

Her fan hand was cut in to three, allowing me to use a bracelet/armor arm from "Shrine of Khaine" model that, in my eyes, gave her more of a warrior look with that blade bracelet. And then just glued the fan hand back on.

Initially I wasn't planning to green stuff any cloaks on her, but then decided to actually give her some more flow, and added the hip cloth. I also used Yvraines spirit stones that she had around her hips, and added them to the new models leg bracelet and hip cloth. 

She is also sporting a hip armor plate, that was from a Kabalite warrior shoulder, which I removed the blade part and smoothed it with some green stuff. As a final touch, I decided to try and add some runes to the plate, to make it more in line with her shoulder pad. 

All in all I am very happy with this build, it was lots of fun, I defiantly improved my green stuff skills, and Aiana, former Corsair Captain, will be a great Archon/Troupe master in my army.

iMIDT59.jpg

XGxEqTV.jpg

ZJ6LF1A.jpg

Zu3yGVK.jpg

4x6tlQs.jpg

fPMuGsO.jpg

r69ry8I.jpg

7KfCUgP.jpg

• 9 months later...

And thus, my long shelved wraithknight is finally finished. A project that I feared to start painting because of its size, this is the largest model that I have, and I was afraid to mess it up.
Finishing it brings a joy to my soul, as it now joins the army of my Ynnari.

P.S. dont know how to upload pictures here. Used to use imgur, but now it gives me an error when I try and access my upload folder. 

Edited by steamius

That’s great, really nice work on the paint!  I really like the conversions too - the spirit stuff is great - is it 3D printed, taken from other models, or scratch made out of common stuff (it looks like it is likely the latter, maybe cotton fiber)?  Excellent basing, the weathering and materials look fantastic!

On 11/25/2022 at 4:28 AM, Bryan Blaire said:

That’s great, really nice work on the paint!  I really like the conversions too - the spirit stuff is great - is it 3D printed, taken from other models, or scratch made out of common stuff (it looks like it is likely the latter, maybe cotton fiber)?  Excellent basing, the weathering and materials look fantastic!

Thank you ) The spirit smoke on the knights is from night haunt range, some spirit hosts I think. 

• 2 months later...

How many years was it now since Ynnari was introduced in to 40k? I remember that I really took a liking on the faction and its lore, but I never wanted to paint your generic space elves so decided against collecting Ynnari. Until.
I was having a game in one of our local gaming stores and they had a box of doomfire warlocks with a discount on their shelves. I took the box in my hands just to check it out and the BOOM! Idea! I purchased the box and ordered a box of reavers and the rest is history. I kitbashed the two together and that was the start of my Ynnari force.
This unit, which was the 1st unit I have ever kitbashed for my Ynnari, was sitting on the shelf collecting dust ever since. And now I am really happy that it got the love it deserves and is fully painted.

JjQXxQA.jpg
mNlnt9O.jpg
Am3cRsK.jpg
0Ryj5od.jpg
j510Ejz.jpg
1HD9tgd.jpg
RS5CUde.jpg

I really like your color scheme and painting style. The grittiness of the black and dark red are offset by the bright pink hair (a bunch of Ynnari beauty school dropouts). I especially like the creative conversions, making great use of Age of Sigmar bits to give you a very distinctive and characterful force. This is the kind of army that I would love to see across the table from me. :thumbsup:

Those jetbike warlocks are fantastic. Amazing conversions. Really nice paintjobs, too!

Your bases are very interesting - are those ghostly hands reaching up from them? That's also some great looking scenery in the background.

On 2/9/2023 at 1:56 PM, Brother Tyler said:

I really like your color scheme and painting style. The grittiness of the black and dark red are offset by the bright pink hair (a bunch of Ynnari beauty school dropouts). I especially like the creative conversions, making great use of Age of Sigmar bits to give you a very distinctive and characterful force. This is the kind of army that I would love to see across the table from me. :thumbsup:

Thank you man! Really kind word )

15 hours ago, Valkia the Bloody said:

The conversions and the colors and effects work great together.

Great work.

Thank you very much )

4 hours ago, Urauloth said:

Those jetbike warlocks are fantastic. Amazing conversions. Really nice paintjobs, too!

Your bases are very interesting - are those ghostly hands reaching up from them? That's also some great looking scenery in the background.

Thank you ) Ghostly hands from the other side were the Fallen one (impersonating the avatar) resides ) 

• 7 months later...

The harbinger of war and death, Warbringer Maleveth is feared even amongst the crazed members of the cult.
She rides in to the battlefield on the manifestation of fear and madness that she her self created using the spear of X'nan, a weapon that possesses the minds of which it strikes, making its target see hallucinations of its biggest fear followed by agonizing pain, as if someone rips you from limb to limb and drags you under the ground.
It is said that the spear was gifted to her by the Corrupt One, for the ruthlessness' she showed on the battlefield, and the amount of sacrifices she bestowed to the Corrupt one.

Really happy with how this model came out! Had to repaint the mount 4 times because I dident like the results. Then I had an accident when I dropped the model and the paint on the hair chipped, and a big piece at that... But! Now it is done, all the mistakes are fixed, and I can finally use this gorgeous beast in games.

IMG_20230914_133310.jpg

IMG_20230914_133316.jpg

IMG_20230914_133322.jpg

IMG_20230914_133334.jpg

IMG_20230914_133341.jpg

IMG_20230914_133350.jpg

IMG_20230914_133359.jpg

IMG_20230914_133423.jpg

IMG_20230914_133515.jpg

Looking at her mount, my reaction was "what is that thing's head?" so I looked at it closer, and worked out "I don't want to look at that", which is about perfect for a daemon! :laugh: 

(seriously though, nicely done, and an interesting conversion on the base Sphynx model :smile:)

On 9/15/2023 at 9:49 AM, Firedrake Cordova said:

Looking at her mount, my reaction was "what is that thing's head?" so I looked at it closer, and worked out "I don't want to look at that", which is about perfect for a daemon! :laugh: 

(seriously though, nicely done, and an interesting conversion on the base Sphynx model :smile:)

Thank you )) If you dont want to look at it then I succeeded in what I wanted peoples reactions to be xD

On 9/15/2023 at 4:48 PM, Bryan Blaire said:

Damn, that mount is definitely a sight to behold and then wash from the mind.  Disturbing in a fascinating way!

You’re doing a great job with all of these, steamius!

Hope that beastie and rider treat you well on the tabletop.

Thank you )) Hope that at some point she can join a squad of shinning spears )) But until then, she is Yvraine xD

• 1 month later...

With her origins and name unknown she is being called "Whisperer". As the leader of the cult she decides who lives and who is worthy to join the ranks of Ynneads true followers.
 She foresaw the coming of her God in her dreams, talked to Ynnead and saw its face, thus she is allowed to wear the mask of the Ynnead. Unlike all the other mask that show the anger and ruthlessness' of Ynnead, her mask resembles its calmness, patience and cold death. 
 Wilding one of the three blessed spears "x'änet" she leads her forces in to battle, striking fear in to her enemies. She is proficient in close combat, as well as blessed with Ynneads psychic powers that can rival even Farseers.
Finally painted this model. Only took me 2,5 years since I last posted her xD

qlQIaWB.jpg

WhDmRsV.jpg

Em00JrJ.jpg

puzu5we.jpg

gXblqN3.jpg

S2ceAdy.jpg