++ Monstra Sumus: Triumvirate of Ruin ++

• 2 weeks later...

++ Marinus Status Malus ++

"They find me in underhive, a thousand eyes. Nidhogg surrounded me. Move, shoot, move, shoot, three days! Ehhh...then big one come and all is okay. Why? Because Nidhogg no expect to get punched, eh? Right in filthy mouth!"

gallery_41766_14750_81540.jpg

// Sergeant Haagr liked to swap monestary stories with frater from his squad. Fondly patting his Tang pattern power glove he would speak late into the simulated night cycle aboard the cruiser, regaling his cousins with tales of Tyranid encounters during his tour of duty with the infamous Deathwatch. Fraters Dupont and Babari would humor the newly appointed unit commander yet held him at arms length as a cheap replacement for the interred Callan. //

gallery_41766_14750_149361.jpg

gallery_41766_14750_103191.jpg

// Frater Amariz was an individual with a singular drive towards accomplishment of any goal set before him. Given the moniker 'Ready' by his brothers in the Arming Chambers there is not one situation that Amariz cannot adapt to. Fluidity is the core of his combat doctrine and it has served him well. Despite the jeering of his fellow Marines they cannot deny that Amariz is a finely honed killing machine. The current running joke is that Amariz acts as if he penned the Codex Astartes himself and could outsmart even the most decorated Ultramarine on the field of battle. He has tended the same MK6 helmet since his inception into the Chapter, citing an almost unhealthy reliance on its enhanced sensor suite. Unbeknownst to the Frater he has been marked by Chapter Command for promotion and is already the defacto 'second' for Squad Jackal. //

gallery_41766_14750_148115.jpg

++ Show this filth the true meaning of hate! Trample the dead! Hurdle the weak! KILL THEM ALL! ++

gallery_41766_14750_56254.jpg

//Chaplain Tarkhan never failed to cut a terrifying silhouette each time he took the field of battle alongside his frater. His crozius was a reflection of the brutal weapon he had become in service to his Chapters spiritual well-being. Whilst the Chapter did not prescribe to the Imperial Cult proper, it none the less revered the Emperor of Mankind as first among angels. A stretch for sure to call him God of men, it was nonetheless the Chaplains duty to ensure his brothers stood up to the scrutiny of being made in His image. //

gallery_41766_14750_35541.jpg

// Veteran-Sergeant Toareg and his Furies were never far from the bellowing rhetoric of Tarkhan. The quartet would cut a vicious path through the enemy when company strength was deployed; their sole purpose was to open the way for Force-Commander Ghor to reach his chosen foe. Chosen sword and shields of the commander, it was a lie that Toareg held no ill thought to his usurper in the Company, instead of outward disobedience he cleverly chose to honor the commander by keeping him alive and denying him a righteous death in battle. //

-------

@Triszin: Thank you!

Excellent work, as usual, on your models. I especially like the Chaplain; definitely a figure to be feared. The photo with the sergeant and his group is awesome.

I appreciate the kind words Shovellovin!

++ Marinus Status Malus ++

+ It is the thirty third millennium and there is only war +

Somewhere in the bowels of Coldhaven.

The detonation hurled debris in all directions for over a kilometer and set off multiple secondary explosions throughout the refinery complex. The audible chaos that erupted over the vox network was exactly what the Ordos Hereticus Kill-Cadre had hoped for. They were there to do two things; lure the False Primarch out of hiding by systematically neutering his allies, and secondly, to sew as much fear as possible among the populace so that they turned back to the light of the Emperor. A mongrel has no place to hide when cornered by the pack with whom he felt most safe. Would they euthanize the pack for their initial treachery once all was said and done...that remained to be seen.

The Inquisitor, known only to his coterie as Blue Trafalgar, was in charge of this advance into the underbelly of the Forgeworld. Trafalgar was a gene-bulked Albinite from Terra who fancied himself the equal to an Astartes warrior, if not their better. So much so that his entire retinue consisted of Space Marines drawn from Chapters with the most brutal of reputations. His work was not sanctioned by the Deathwatch to which this work was typically engaged, nor was it sanctioned by the Ordos Chamber. This work was about building trust with certain Chapters. Chapters he would one day hope to call friends, if not just allies. Chapters he could wield as weapons should the need arise and what better way than to bond in blood with the very mettle of the Chapter?

The Inquisitor could feel the smoldering fire that was barely contained rage marching ahead of him. The Marines Malevolent, Veteran-Frater Sancho, was loaned to him by the Chapter proper as an excellent marksman, top of his strategium class, and decorated with over one hundred engagements; all logged as victories in the war dossier forwarded to him. An impressive yield for one so young. Which of course, Trafalgar knew was a lie. There were too many discrepancies in the actual record keeping to suggest that Sancho was anything but several centuries old, perhaps even older given the Malevolents tendency to rely on Stasis-Chambers.

++ I know its kind, Trafalgar. Pride swollen and rotten. This...Abomination...is anathema to Him on Earth and so it is my true enemy. ++

Blue Trafalgar was intrigued by the sudden continuance of a previous conversation that was cut short some days prior during an unexpected naval engagement with Partisan forces. His eidetic memory served him well to insert the conversation directly into his thoughts so he could respond to Sancho without needing to collect himself.

"Is that so? I've read your jacket. What is it you people call it...Nekropolis? You were there, weren't you. You were there when one of the true ones was brought low. Sancho, tell me, have you done this before?"

The hulking yellow warrior picked his way through the rubble of the under-refinery with terrifying ease. His massive armored sabatons barely making a sound as they navigated the rubble for sudden drops and unstable platforms. Promethium fires raged all around them, belching thick oily smoke into the already hazy sky above their heads, the pillars of flame twenty meters tall in places. The explosion that Quintis had set off had worked well, a little too well. When the Inquisitor

++...I can't say. ++

------

gallery_41766_14750_70743.jpg

gallery_41766_14750_136922.jpg

gallery_41766_14750_141617.jpg

An entry for my War of the False Primarch project. WIP of Astartes-Enforcer Sancho of the Marines Malevolent, Vigilant seconded to Blue Trafalgar, Ordos Hereticus Kill-Cadre. Still have some filling work to do around his legs with greenstuff to make the joins a little more tasteful but for the most part the idea of him is complete. Just need to bulk up the base.

Let me know what you think!

Edited by NomadPainting

nice to see that callis metal Deathwatch helmet in use. Keep up the wonderful work

Thanks @Jukkiz ! I've had the helmet in my bitz box since it came out as a release and just never had the urge to use it until this guy. It has a certain menacing quality to it I think.

Edited by NomadPainting

Hey, I was just reading someone's Marines Malevolent fanfiction a few days ago...I think it's fascinating to see how the more obscure parts of the universe spark people's imaginations - the little fluff snippets and various armor modifications are really evocative. I love the Palanite shields especially; they have a particular look I think fits the MM well.

Hey, I was just reading someone's Marines Malevolent fanfiction a few days ago...I think it's fascinating to see how the more obscure parts of the universe spark people's imaginations - the little fluff snippets and various armor modifications are really evocative. I love the Palanite shields especially; they have a particular look I think fits the MM well.

Thank you tinpact! 

I have considered doing my own Index: Astartes for them to compile my vision for them. Just have to learn how to use PhotoShop lol 

• 2 weeks later...

++MARINUS STATUS MALUS++

-- The depths of space between Coelia and Baal - Post Devastation - Desperation Conflux fringe - Somnium Stars - Ultima Segmentum - 113.M42 --

The Excelsior slipped through the dark of the void like a shark in night stricken waters, its hallways filled with trans-human war machines and patient death. The Status Malus cruiser had been performing clean up operations against splintered fractions of the Great Devourers Leviathan bio-forms and were preparing to mount a heavy push against the Tyranid threat deep into the fringe of the Ultima segmentum. Honored Tomor prepared the Vth Companies war suits for their impending persecution campaign. The forge commanders bellicose nature filling the ships forges with fury and fire. His iron frater would march and clear the extra-galactic filth from the borders of the Imperium. Chapter command had decreed that all available Malus forces would assist the forces of the Indomitus Crusade in any way it could. The 5th Company were ordered to thaw their entire reserve of frater in statis and were given coordinates to an Imperial locker for full resupply. An olive branch from the Ultramarines and a turning point in the history of the Vth company. Each frater Malus knew that the Imperial forces would turn to them for aid, it was only a matter of time. To one such as Guilliman the battle jacket of such pariahs as the Marines Malevolent spoke volumes above the hear-say and rumor mongering among the Imperial forces. Regardless of their peer-stained history the Malevolent stood at the fore every time they were needed and they drowned their enemies in fire and blood.

gallery_41766_14750_131424.jpg

-----

Reinforcements from Sanguinalia!

gallery_41766_14750_90313.jpg

Edited by NomadPainting

-- Dressel IV - Baal Sub Sector - Post Devastation - Desperation Conflux fringe - Somnium Stars - Ultima Segmentum - 113.M42 --

The Excelsior shattered the atmosphere with beams of light that turned entire swathes of the red desert to blackened glass. The storm that followed whipped up razor shards of sand to scour into the battle plate of the hulking Astartes. The bio-forms nesting on this moon were defending their territory with a rabid viciousness; the lack of true Synaptic controllers causing them to revert to instinctual behaviors.

gallery_41766_14750_79778.jpg

Whilst the strike cruiser systematically purged sections of world-tendril left behind by the fleeing hive-fleet, the red work fell to the frater of the Vth Company. Fate would smile upon the malevolent brethren for in their willingness to assist the Sons of the Angel and the Defenders of the Five Hundred Worlds they lost sight of their Relictor quarry, until now.

It appeared that secreted within the rock of Dressel IV was an artefact of similar value to the kleptomania driven renegades. Hoping to slip in as the crusade forces spread further into the Red Scar, these malcontents began to crack their way through the mantel searching for their subterranean treasure. The Malevolent flotilla had arrived in system approximately four days after planet fall and set to purifying the surface. Something the Relictors had not anticipated. Indeed, when the light of Him on Earth turns away, does ill fate pour upon you.

gallery_41766_14750_80736.jpg

Caught between the euthanasia campaign scouring the continents and the wounded beasts scurrying to find haven it was am ignoble end for this element of the renegade forces. Twisting snakes of tracer fire flashed through the landscape as the onslaught cannons from the Invictor Warsuits bracketed defensive sites nestled within the ruins of an Imperial colony. This allowed the Mantle of Malice to vaporize them in dazzling displays of plasma bombardments, erasing buildings as if they had never stood against the vicious galaxy around them.

gallery_41766_14750_125585.jpg

gallery_41766_14750_32272.jpg

The heavy war plate of Squad Behemoth allowed the spear head of Astartes to drive into the Relictors position and deliver punishing retribution. The Intercessor squads of Jackal and Raider poured in after Behemoth who in their cold pragmatism were driving the tyranid creatures before them into the renegades last stand. With bio forms thrashing amongst the razor wire, rockcrete trenches, and plasteel barricades; it proved the final cost for these relic seekers. In their desperation to deny the Imperials knowledge of their target, the Relictors moved to sabotage their dig site. The mission was not a success.

gallery_41766_14750_19669.jpg

gallery_41766_14750_75651.jpg

For the final breach was made and with it the battle evolved into something far more sinister. Rising from the coveted archeo-tech vault came the swarm of four armed monsters. Lashing tongues and psychic screams spread across the scene and turned a rout into a pitched battle.

gallery_41766_14750_14619.jpg

gallery_41766_14750_8716.jpg

gallery_41766_14750_41631.jpg

Honored Tomor of the Forge, leader of this task force, formed his iron frater into a shield wall of ceramite and death. The brothers of the Intercessor squads regrouped and set into defensive patterns whilst requesting reinforcements from the space born iron leviathan high above them.

gallery_41766_14750_38650.jpg

The destruction had prematurely awoken the Prophet of the Black Horizon; a foul and insidious entity stricken into torpor beneath the city, hoping to one day revive the Great Devourers presence within this expanse of space. The children of the Four Armed God rose up and began to pray.

gallery_41766_17258_99652.jpg

-------

I have one more Invictor War Suit to build and then my 1000pt force is ready for painting. My goal is to paint this up first before tackling the rest of my army so that I can start actually gaming again whilst I crack on with my multiple army projects. Here is my planned list, not the most exciting or optimal but damn it sounds fun to me.

Task Force: Ghost Dragon

Adeptus Astartes - Incursion - Eternal War ( 5CP - 1000PT - 0PT )

Adeptus Astartes Battalion Detachment ( 3CP - 1000PT )

SUB-FACTION: Iron Hands

HQ

Primaris Lieutenant (80) Plasma pistol

RELICS: Bellicos Bolt Rifle

WARLORD: Primaris Techmarine (80)

TRAITS: Iron Hands: Adept of the Omnissiah

TROOPS

Heavy Intercessor Squad (140)

1x Heavy Intercessor Sergeant: Hellstorm bolt rifle

4x Heavy Intercessor: Hellstorm bolt rifle

Intercessor Squad (100)

1x Intercessor Sergeant: Auto bolt rifle

4x Intercessor: Auto bolt rifle

Intercessor Squad (100)

1x Intercessor Sergeant: Auto bolt rifle

4x Intercessor: Auto bolt rifle

ELITES

Invictor Tactical Warsuit (160) Twin ironhail autocannon

Invictor Tactical Warsuit (160) Twin ironhail autocannon

Redemptor Dreadnought (180) 2x Storm bolter, Icarus rocket pod, Macro plasma incinerator

STRATAGEMS: March of the Ancients

STRATAGEMS

March of the Ancients (1CP)

Total Command Points: 4/9

Reinforcement Points: 0

Total Points: 1000/1000

Rules; Bolter Fusillades & Rapid Assault

• 3 months later...

-- Dressel IV - Baal Influenced Sector - Post Devastation - Desperation Conflux fringe - Somnium Stars - Ultima Segmentum - 113.M42 --

It had been a tense Terran-standard week of waiting in the cold void that pressed in on the ruddy orange ball below the Excelsior. Seven solar days of pacing and grunting whilst waiting for approval of the next tactical deployment. It was galling to most of the frater of the Vth company that Chapter Command had to now seek approval on operational strategy from the theatre commander of the Ultramarines but if the Status Malus hoped to receive further aid in the form of rearmament and repair then this is what they must do. To earn the Returned Son's scorn was the last thing Chapter Command intended to do; having his grace was possibly the most powerful bargaining chip the Chapter possessed.

The emergence of the Gene-stealer cult changed the face of the battle and distorted what should have been a swift and decisive operation into a protracted campaign. The remaining Relictors dispersed around the globe of Dressel IV and began guerilla actions against both the bio forms and the Marines Malevolent. This unfortunate escalation in activity saw the forward elements draw back to the safety of their strike cruiser to prepare for a full compliment drop to the planets surface. It was on the second day that the Flesh Eater cruiser, Balaur, breached into the picket line and hailed the Excelsior. Recognizing the operational authority of Force Commander Gor of the Marines Malevolent, the Captain of the Flesh Eaters, Vikaar, committed their macabre brotherhood to aid the Status Malus.

Gor Hatan, Captain of the Vth company, Master of the Marches, and Force Commander of the Dressel IV campaign updated his relays to Chapter Command with the updated operational readiness. Being able to throw such ferocious weapons as the Carnes Consumunt Astartes into the meat grinder was certainly a tactical advantage he relished. Their boiling blood would be perfect in his prosecution of the Tyranid frenzy.

~~~~

"Have you seen them? No? Then don't talk to me about monsters. You know nothing. What's that? They're here? They know. Shut that light out and ready your weapons. Try to die on your feet. That is an order."
Brother Chernogorg didn't slaughter his way through the Relictor servant soldiers holding the stations control room so much as he simply walked through them to shut off the clamps that secured the space port shielding hatches.
Silent but for the faint hiss of recycling atmosphere and the dull click of an internal vox link, the only real sounds the Astartes issued were the smacking bark of bolter shots and the snarling wet whir of his chain sword. It is posited that had any of the mortal soldiers heard what was happening inside the helmet of the Astartes they would have just as likely died of transhuman fright than at the mercy of its weapons.

med_gallery_41766_17421_65664.jpg

med_gallery_41766_17421_300249.jpg

med_gallery_41766_17421_246000.jpg

med_gallery_41766_17421_5914.jpg

med_gallery_41766_17421_180459.jpg

med_gallery_41766_17421_379952.jpg

"Neg at fir-con boss, move to sec-con. Pick up strag, Chernogorg, Carnes Consumunt. Set task hunt-kill. Release at sev-con"

Tactical Pech of the Second Forward Assault Unit accompanied the lone Flesh Eater marine corralled by the advancing Status Malus as they swept through the ruins of a hive block designated Junction Eight Eight Zeta following orbital bombardment against elements of the Relictor Space Marines and Hive Fleet Leviathan. Strat-Com had relayed that the Carnes Consumunt's unit was at objective designated "sev-con" and Pech would offload the blood soaked brother there. Until that time, he used Chernogorg to devastating effect as the hammer to his anvil.
For his actions persecuting an eradication strike against the Lugannath Craftworld a century before, Pech was awarded the Golden Bolt Shell by Force Commander Gor for flawless execution shots recorded via six weeks worth of gun camera footage. Out of seven hundred and eighty four shots discharged from his bolter onboard the Craftwold, a confirmed seven hundred and twelve were logged as confirmed kills or maiming shots against the Aeldari scourge.
Pech would later go on to earn his Sergeant stripes and lead his own Forward Assaut Unit following the close of the Dressel IV euthanasia campaign.

med_gallery_41766_17421_88833.jpg

med_gallery_41766_17421_109435.jpg

med_gallery_41766_17421_269349.jpg

med_gallery_41766_17421_12545.jpg

med_gallery_41766_17421_211760.jpg

med_gallery_41766_17421_175410.jpg

med_gallery_41766_17421_53981.jpg

~~~

It was on the third day post out bound message to Chapter Command that they came. A shrieking burst of static heralded their arrival and radiological alarms activated throughout both Astartes cruisers in high orbit. Suspecting a new attack by either Relictor forces or a tendril of Leviathan Remnants the ships scrambled to ready alert until they were hailed. Resolving on the pict-viewer came a blizzard of sleek black ships. The flotilla skirted the solar blanket of the Dressel star and angled down to approach the planetary blockade. The lead ship was a massive relic of the Heresy, a horizontal mountain of weapon emplacements and armor plating. Black reflective panels distorted and warped the silhouette of the vessel causing the auguries of the Astartes cruisers stationed above Dressel to provide inaccurate readings on just how big the war ship was. A single crescent moon was the only heraldry the flotilla sported as insignia.

The conversation that happened over the vox network between the Excelsior, the Balaur, and this midnight drenched behemoth was pragmatic, efficient, and decisive. The vessel identified itself as the Dobhar-ch