If we get primaris SG could/should they be gravis armored?

Arent artificer armour suits all custom made and 1 step below terminator armour in regards to protection? I havent read up on gravis armour but I doubt it would offer the same protection that AA would.

It might be abit easier to mass produce (relativly speaking) but SG arent a massive force to begin with, I see no problem in them keeping AA honestly.

Or does Gravis armor add something else that im overlooking? What significance is there to the Gravis keyword for example? Asking as someone who hasent got their codex yet :blush.: (it ordered though. damn you mail orders for taking this long!)

Arent artificer armour suits all custom made and 1 step below terminator armour in regards to protection? I havent read up on gravis armour but I doubt it would offer the same protection that AA would.

It might be abit easier to mass produce (relativly speaking) but SG arent a massive force to begin with, I see no problem in them keeping AA honestly.

Or does Gravis armor add something else that im overlooking? What significance is there to the Gravis keyword for example? Asking as someone who hasent got their codex yet :blush.: (it ordered though. damn you mail orders for taking this long!)

lore wise, according to dark imperium gravis is meant to be a similar level of protection to terminator armour, but more mobile - something not represented well on the tabletop.

artificer armour isn't meant to be a step down from terminator armour, its meant to be the pinacle of bespoke power armour, technically every artificer suit design is different.

rule wise, gravis does have a particular stratagem that makes some weapons less effective against it.

but yeah, i agree that IF we get primaris sanguinary guard, they should just remain artificer armour. I still think we wont get a unit like we have now and instead we'll get a unit more along the lines of victrix guard (but with jump packs) to go with a new dante, and I don't think we'll see new SG before that point.

Edited by Blindhamster

except there's no primaris artificer armor...

The armours of Mephiston, Adrax Agatone (Salamanders) and Calgar's Primaris Victrix Guard are definitely Mk.X Tacticus with 2+ save.

If that's not a representation of artificer armour, I don't know what is.

The armours of Mephiston, Adrax Agatone (Salamanders) and Calgar's Primaris Victrix Guard are definitely Mk.X Tacticus with 2+ save.

artificer armor is specifically highly unique and ornate armor. It more than just a highly effective type of armor.

A standard pattern of armor with a 2+ save isn't artificer armor.

artificer armor is specifically highly unique and ornate armor. It more than just a highly effective type of armor.

A standard pattern of armor with a 2+ save isn't artificer armor.

Mephiston has artificer armour, looking at adrax its pretty clear his meets your criteria too. It's baffling that this is even a discussion honestly.

The victrix guard are considerably less unique and I guess an argument against them being artificer could be made, although honestly theirs is still divergent enough from standard mk x tacticus that it's as worthy of being called artificer as many other models that traditionally have it are. Really the most unique looking artificer armours have always been dantes/sanguinary guards/helbrechts/astoraths and mephistons.

Edited by Blindhamster