What plausible changes do you see being made to CWE 9th book

TrawlingCleaner

edit; while ontopic, this was not the topic I thought I was responding to XD now I probably have to retype my response on how warlocks really should be to Eldar (non aspect warrior units) as Nobz are to Orks, and how eldar never really evolved from the 90s method the way other armies have.

I agree with this. Marines have found tidy ways to put the minor heroes from their Command Squads in armies efficiently without gobbling up all your HQ/Elite slots on support Characters. I hope 9th brings something similar for Eldar. I would like to see non-Aspect squads having access to Warlocks almost as readily as Aspects get Exarchs. The Space Wolf method of buying optional Wolfguard Pack Leaders seems like a good (and simple) example to follow while keeping a squad-sized Warlock Conclave in the Elite section. Best of both worlds?

So Ranger Bikers are apparently going to be a thing. I guess it depends on the points cost. I dont think anyone was particularly wanting rangers in biker form, I would have rather seen some new warp spiders but I guess GW didnt want my input on the subject. 

For me, new models for existing units are nice but it does not guarantee I will invest in them: what is far more important to me is the rules for those units. 

If a brand new unit comes out, then of course I will certainly get the new models.

Now having said that all of my Swooping Hawks are pewter, and my buying new models for them is definitely a possibility :)

Ranger bikers are an all-new unit. My Rangers are quite nicely painted so a revamp of them would have to be pretty impressive to tempt me to part with my cash. A new unit with different capabilities on the other hand could sway me.

GSi8WWB.png

Move-shoot-move on a super biker sniper?

Yup, that would do it for me!  :woot:

I would like to see a price reduction on warlocks. Psychic powers capable of challenging 1k sons and the Deny abilities of GK. Right now we are really required to put a bunch of buffs on our key units to make them work like they are supposed to. For example, if you bring a Wraithblade squad, arguably one of our current most competitive units you almost have to bring a spirit seer or warlock to buff them with Protect.

Granted, our farseers have their funky runes ability to screw with nullifies but our most expensive HQs cant be everywhere and do everything and typically have their own units they have to babysit. Which bring us to the biggest issue with eldar, all the squads that are capable of doing any real offensive work on the table require HQ babysitters to make them work. Shining spears and warp spiders are great for progressive secondaries and while whoever gets the most points wins(thanks ESPN for that brilliant insight) we currently hurt on getting primaries. 

I love the Warlock Biker Conclave but to really get it to work requires a baby sitting farseer and another independent warlock on bike and then they are sucking up buff spells needed for other units. We need something and I dont know what, to make babysitting less of a requirement. 

Synergy has always been an important part of the Eldar army but a few units just require too many buffs and moving parts to make work at the moment.

I have to admit I would like to see Banshees made great again. They used to be premier Marine-killers but now that every Marine has at least 2 Wounds, a handful of S4 attacks just doesn't push the damage through, even at AP-3. I know Banshees in particular are glass cannons but at the moment they are too glassy and not cannony enough.

So what new plastic aspect warrior kit do you think we are getting?

As teased by 'James Workshop' in his christmas message....

I'm thinking Striking Skorpians due to the chainsword in the advent pictures....

Edited by Slasher956

We have seen chainswords and webspinners which would suggest Scorpions and Spiders. But they could be weapon options for a new Autarch or upgrades for the rumoured Corsairs. Spiders are truly ancient and need an upgrade. Scorpions are not too bad.

Scorpions and spiders I have heard are the most likely. I have heard corsairs with rules repeatedly so it would not surprise me in the least to see a new dual Guardian kit with all the parts to make guardians and corsairs. Thats exciting to me since I play Void Dragon corsairs and started too late to get the old FW corsairs.  

Did dosjetka mention striking scorpions? I thought he said swooping hawks and warp spiders

If it's the Big Leak you're asking about, they didn't give details just a cryptic "massive but incomplete refresh"

Ah I just checked and I see you’re right. There are so many leaks floating around these days, I can’t keep them strait

• 3 weeks later...

hmm..... wave serpant shield support weapon for storm guardians kinda suggests to me that we're not getting warlocks back in to the squads!

the shiled will give a invun save, which is one of the main reasons for a warlock.... :(  

hmm..... wave serpant shield support weapon for storm guardians kinda suggests to me that we're not getting warlocks back in to the squads!

the shiled will give a invun save, which is one of the main reasons for a warlock.... :sad.:

I have heard a very interestinf rumour about Warlocks. They are moving from HQ to Elite, furthermore, they become a "free" choice when you take a Farseer. This works just like Marine Command squads becoming slot-free if you take a Captain. I don't know if this will be just a single squad or if you can spread them about but it should be much easier to run large numbers of supporting Warlocks without eating up all your HQ/Elite slots if this is true.

I'm expecting something slightly different.

Recently I've noticed the most effective units to not to be the most recent releases.

The announcements seem to be around Ulthwé, Saim-Hann and Alaitoc builds.

So my bet that Beil-tan and Iynaden will get the best bits from the codex.

Dust off your Wraith constructs and Aspect warriors. I think they're going to be getting most use.