Return to the Rock..sorta.

Skywrath

Seeing how the Grey Knight codex will probably be dropping 3+ months from now, I thought to myself, why not make the most of my Deathwing and try them out. I have to say, painting up Deathwing.. just felt right, and it felt good to return to my roots, however briefly. Anyway, for your inspection..

++ Vanguard Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Dark Angels) [70 PL, 9CP, 1,293pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selector**: Dark Angels

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 

Deathwing Vanguard Detachment [3CP]

Detachment Command Cost [-3CP]

+ Stratagems +

Stratagem: Relics of the Chapter [-1CP]: Number of Extra Relics

+ HQ +

Asmodai [7 PL, 130pts]: 1. Litany of Faith (Aura), 6. Canticle of Hate (Aura)

Lieutenant(s) [6 PL, -1CP, 100pts]
. Deathwing Strikemaster: 3. Calibanite Knight, Master-crafted power sword, Master-Crafted Weapon, Storm shield, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter

+ Elites +

Deathwing Ancient [5 PL, 120pts]: Pennant of Remembrance
. Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield: Storm shield, Thunder hammer

Deathwing Command Squad [10 PL, 130pts]: Watcher in the Dark
. Deathwing Sergeant: Lightning Claw (Pair)
. Deathwing Terminator
. . Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield: Thunder hammer
. Deathwing Terminator

Deathwing Terminator Squad [18 PL, 349pts]: Watcher in the Dark
. Deathwing Sergeant
. Deathwing Terminator
. Deathwing Terminator
. Deathwing Terminator
. . Cyclone Missile Launcher, Storm Bolter, Power Fist: Cyclone missile launcher, Power fist
. Deathwing Terminator
. . Storm Bolter & Power Fist: Power fist
. Deathwing Terminator
. Deathwing Terminator
. Deathwing Terminator

Deathwing Terminator Squad [18 PL, 349pts]: Watcher in the Dark
. Deathwing Sergeant
. Deathwing Terminator
. Deathwing Terminator
. Deathwing Terminator
. Deathwing Terminator
. Deathwing Terminator
. Deathwing Terminator
. Deathwing Terminator

Ravenwing Apothecary [6 PL, -1CP, 115pts]: Chapter Command:  Chief Apothecary, Rites of War, Selfless Healer, Stratagem: Paragon of the Chapter, Warlord
. Black Knight Bike: Plasma Talon

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Dark Angels) [34 PL, -2CP, 705pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selector**: Dark Angels

Detachment Command Cost [-2CP]

+ HQ +

Azrael [8 PL, 170pts]

+ Troops +

Infiltrator Squad [6 PL, 130pts]: Helix gauntlet
. 4x Infiltrator: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Marksman bolt carbine
. Infiltrator Sergeant

Infiltrator Squad [6 PL, 130pts]: Helix gauntlet
. 4x Infiltrator: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Marksman bolt carbine
. Infiltrator Sergeant

+ Fast Attack +

Inceptor Squad [14 PL, 275pts]: 4x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant, Plasma Exterminator x2

++ Total: [104 PL, 7CP, 1,998pts] ++

Plan is pretty simple - Infiltrators on points, knights in reserve with potentially Inceptors, depending on match-up. If I had Black Knights, I'd replace them instead of the Inceptors in a heartbeat for some Turn 1 Alpha Strike, but this is probably the next best option. Take While We Stand, We Fight, Stubborn Defiance, and Oaths of Moment for secondaries. 

T1 - Depending on match-up, advance the terminator squad, with the apothecary, command squad, Azrael, Osmadiel the Defender (strikemaster) and Asmodai. This idea changes if I have second turn, in which case I don't advance and go from there. Ideally, I'd want me going into the opponent, not the other way around. If the Inceptors on the board, leave them behind obscuring terrain. Pop transhuman as you see fit. Stubborn defiance the middle or side objectives, as the Apothecary will be granting ObSec to the Knights/other units in preparation for T2. (This idea changes if you go second and don't subsequently advance, in which case you stubborn defiance one of your back objectives, and have a character such as Asmodai to protect them). 

T2 - Deathwing Knights come out of deep-strike, with potentially inceptors. If they don't come out of deep-strike, then they move forward. Inceptors stick close to Azrael's bubble for that sweet, sweet 4++. Asmodai pops both litanies off, for the 7" charge for the Knights, and the terminators/command squad wrap up the other flank with the apothecary. Keep the command squad smack in the middle to score Oaths of Moment and Stubborn Defiance. Absolutely pulverize any opponent with Knights/Terminators/Strikemaster. Position the Command Squad so that the the 12" deepstrike deny bubble overlaps with the Infiltrators, ensuring that you have one additional turn to score back points.

T3 - Clean-up, Apothecary focuses his healing on the Inceptors, which then either reinforces your points, or the middle points as a third unit to score. Wipe up the rest with Knights/Terminators/Strikemaster.

Anyway, thoughts?
Edited by Skywrath

Interesting choice of WL trait, in your experience, has that worked out well for yourself? (Take this sentence in an inquisitive manner, and not aggressive one). 

Regarding the bigger picture, on the whole, do you think my list would do well against the current meta of Drukhari, Death Guard and Harlequins in a purely competitive environment?