Space Wolves Points Changes

Chief Apothecary up 20 points.

Plasma Inceptors up 5 points from the latest FAQ, bolter variant down 5

Stormspeeders are down 15 points for all variants

Eliminators are down 15 points for the squad. las fusils down 5.

All Gladiators down 20 points for all variants

Land Raiders down 20 points for all variants

Repulsors down 20 points for both variants

Storm raven down 20 points

Attack Bikes up 5

VG Vets - Jump pack up by 1, SS up by 1

Taken from WarhammerCompetitive

Here is the summary of marine changes from the news and rumors thread (strike through my add as we don't get access to that unit). Just in case you guys aren't following along over there

Edited by Rune Priest Jbickb

I just started building a squad of Eliminators before the update was announced. The Eliminator sergeant is a great model to use Morkai bolts (via the Thane stratagem) as he has BS2+.

If you like vindicare assassins you can combo with SW eliminators for super kill power

Put morkai bolts on the eliminators

Your vindicare now gets reroll 1s to wound and removes one of the biggest flaws (everyone who runs assassins knows the feeling of rolling 1s)

Wulfen dropping 3pts and the likelihood of woldguard jump packs and storm shields both going up 1pt each makes Wulfen look like a potential pick over them.

I'm thinking of running them with frost claws as they are basically repentia now. The trick will be getting them in considering how fragile they are.

The points drop to stormwolves and land raiders isn't nearly enough to make those worthy inclusions sadly so probably going with Cunning of the Wolf.

Wulfen dropping 3pts and the likelihood of woldguard jump packs and storm shields both going up 1pt each makes Wulfen look like a potential pick over them.

I'm thinking of running them with frost claws as they are basically repentia now. The trick will be getting them in considering how fragile they are.

The points drop to stormwolves and land raiders isn't nearly enough to make those worthy inclusions sadly so probably going with Cunning of the Wolf.

I am also predicting Wulfen with frost claws as the next unit the competitive players will jump on

They basically have the same offensive output as WG LCs

Big loss in mobility (12 fly v 8) but much better hitting power (S5 v S4) and always in assault doctrine

Wulfen also have the best rule against DE...guaranteed fight on death

I am waiting for BS points update before I start experimenting with units of 3 (2 with FC and 1 with TH/SS)

The wolfguard change to match vanguard vets is far from certain, theyve forgotten about matching points changes for plenty of our units in the past

Wolf guard have 1 major difference from VV

WG can't combat squad

That makes the WWSWF option for a 10 man squad real bad for SW.

In white scars and other marine armies the 10 man VV where you hide half to earn secondary points and send the other half to attack is powerful

Now...did GW show recognition of the meta and do it on purpose or were they the typical screw up and copy later...who knows

I just started building a squad of Eliminators before the update was announced. The Eliminator sergeant is a great model to use Morkai bolts (via the Thane stratagem) as he has BS2+.

how is he Bs2 when shooting morkai bolts?

When is the last time you checked the eliminators datasheet?

They all have BS2 now.  

I always swap the SGT to the carbine that lets you move and fire.  So he hits on 2s with his morkai bolts and the snipers (or las fusils) are never left out in the open

They all have BS2 now.

I always swap the SGT to the carbine that lets you move and fire. So he hits on 2s with his morkai bolts and the snipers (or las fusils) are never left out in the open

Admittedly it’s been awhile. Guess they never changed BattleScribe because it still shows BS3. When did they change it?

They all have BS2 now.

I always swap the SGT to the carbine that lets you move and fire. So he hits on 2s with his morkai bolts and the snipers (or las fusils) are never left out in the open

Admittedly it’s been awhile. Guess they never changed BattleScribe because it still shows BS3. When did they change it?

My BattleScribe says BS2... is your BattleScribe not up to date? I think they've been that way quite a while.