Homemade Imperial Knight Houses. Transfers? How?

Hello!

I'm a new Imperial Knight player, and have bought several Imperial Knights to make my own army. However, I have a problem. Initially, I wanted to do my own Knightly House, with it's own emblems and insignias, etc. Looking in the codex, there's quite a few things one need to consider to make it correctly.

How do people do this? 

You would need an house emblem on the shield by the head, another by the shoulders, and smaller ones by the legs. I just can't seem to find anywhere where such transfers are available. Are you painting them on manually?

I've considered making a band of Freeblades at this point, which seems easier (you only need one or two transfers of their personal crest).

What are your experiences with making your own house? How did you do it? Did you instead go the Freeblade route?

Hi there. I designed a house emblem with help from a person on Facebook that prints custom decals. We went back and forth over the design and I eventually settled on the design below:

Decal1

Closeup1

83494118 270944314159834 1624511065726334018 N

I originally wanted the design below but it probably would have been difficult to scale down.

Untitled 8es

The person I dealt with has a Facebook page called Scumb4g Kustoms. I've used him a couple of times now and I'm happy with the result. He happily created different sizes for the shields and for the banner. I simply used the Mechanicus decals for the larger pauldron decals. He also has a printer that can print metallic colours as well as white. There are other companies that make decals to order but this one was the most reliable for me.

If you need something drawn from scratch perhaps somewhere like Fiverr would suffice?

Edited by Magos Takatus

Hmm.. Good ideas. I tried using Fallout Hobbies to do some custom work for me, but alas the kinda forgot about me and refunded me. 
It seems contacting professionals is the way to go though. Anyone have any suggestions other than Fallout Hobbies, since I unfortunately, didn't have the best experiences with them.

Hmm.. Good ideas. I tried using Fallout Hobbies to do some custom work for me, but alas the kinda forgot about me and refunded me. 

It seems contacting professionals is the way to go though. Anyone have any suggestions other than Fallout Hobbies, since I unfortunately, didn't have the best experiences with them.

I had the same issue unfortunately. Although my first commission from them was great (The icons for my Mechanicus army), the second order never turned up so I had to get a refund as well. Although from my experience they produce good decals I can't recommend them due to that unreliability.

Like I said in a previous post, Scumb4g Kustoms have been good for me so far. They helped me out because I'd been procrastinating for some time with my Knights but once I approached them they really helped me get those decals done with a decent turnaround time.