Good News for Aussies?

Dark_Master

I wonder what the mark up on GW's goods is in Sweden and Switzerland - they too are both "Lucky countries" with great standards of living?... :ermm:

I guess I'd rather live here with all of the above mentioned perks than live in the UK and get cheap models... Does the UK have medicare?... 

Mithril

I wonder what the mark up on GW's goods is in Sweden and Switzerland - they too are both "Lucky countries" with great standards of living?... :ermm:

I guess I'd rather live here with all of the above mentioned perks than live in the UK and get cheap models... Does the UK have medicare?... 

Mithril

Sweden and Switzerland aren't on the other side of the planet from GW, plus even post-Brexit, there is market competition due to ease of movement of goods. So even if GW had sky-high prices in Sweden or Switzerland, it'd be easy for people in those countries to purchase and ship items from other cheaper countries linked by rail, road or short sea freight options, and still save money. That doesn't apply to Australia :( 

Won't make a difference. Australia is a small, rich market on the far side of the planet. We have high wages and whilst we like to whinge about cost of living, our cost of living is actually (relative to our wages) OK*. So GW, as with many other companies, simply has no incentive to be price competitive in the Australian market. We pay more (and get less) for streaming services, pay tv, fashion and a range of other goods. We get great quality food, water, medicine, education, wine, spirits, football/"footy" (all four types) and transport/cars, for relatively cheaply (compared to the quality).

GW won't lower prices because they don't see a need, nor feel any market or competitive pressure to do so. Also, the Australian dollar is factor. 

* notable exception being purchasing housing in certain markets. 

Ah yes, such a rich market for GW we are a speck in their earnings on their company financial reports as a result. In reality we are a small market being fleeced for any type of return on a non essential set of products. The Aussie battler is a meme, we are all in our mc mansions at the tail end of no debts with a European car in every driveway. You got us GW, we don't mind the OZ pricing structure because we are loaded. I actually just funded the revival of the Saber tooth tiger with my lunch money.

Won't make a difference. Australia is a small, rich market on the far side of the planet. We have high wages and whilst we like to whinge about cost of living, our cost of living is actually (relative to our wages) OK*. So GW, as with many other companies, simply has no incentive to be price competitive in the Australian market. We pay more (and get less) for streaming services, pay tv, fashion and a range of other goods. We get great quality food, water, medicine, education, wine, spirits, football/"footy" (all four types) and transport/cars, for relatively cheaply (compared to the quality).

GW won't lower prices because they don't see a need, nor feel any market or competitive pressure to do so. Also, the Australian dollar is factor.

* notable exception being purchasing housing in certain markets.

what? Cheap cars etc? Have you seen the car market atm? Our utilities are high, look at power costs for example.

Our cost of living like everywhere in the world is moving very very quickly the wrong way. We also work more hours than most Western countries and have one of the highest tax levels in the world one you add all the different bits together. Anyway this is all stuff and nonsense but yeah, cost of living is not something anyone in the west can call anything but outrageous... unless you believe CPI numbers then that Cucumber that was 70c 2 months ago isn't actually 3.50 now

In response to the original article, I'm actually quite happy to see trade deals with the UK... I much rather that than the deals we're having with a certain "large" unfriendly Neighbour... :dry.:

England is of course our ancestral home... :wink:  

Mithril