OSS - Ursal Sect - Dark Mechanicus

Creepy is definitely the vibe I'm going for :happy:, thanks Pearson. Speaking of which...

Zs3btVL.jpg

Counts-as Infiltrators done. Kinda grown attached to the lil' servo-skull SMGs tbh. Need some cute touches for a creepy army ! The gang so far:

o1x56nJ.jpg

This is really working for me, think I'm happy with the neutral/orange/blue going on. Can't wait to tackle the big stuff myself, but the production line continues:

AtLzC4i.jpg

Base cloth, skin, metal, details/iconography, orange pop on lenses, then the oil wash/cleanup. It's making things pretty straightforward having a plan for organising it in phases, but I need a couple of days to work on my main boy Ursal I think, try to do better now I've got the basics done.

Thanks for looking !

• 2 weeks later...

Some more squads done, getting an oil bath later today:

MqALaiD.jpg

Using the Ogryns as Breachers, these floaty boys will count as Destroyers. Harks back to the grav theme of the main leader Ursal, and just a different take, Tech-Priest body and greenstuff molding some extras.

Then, the Ruststalker units:

6bDt7iG.jpg

P1qCKX2.jpg

I...had doubts about going all blue on the skin, but it's grown on me (thanks Rogue Trooper) and a pale/grey weathered flesh look would've blended in to the pale robes far too much. I know the Warcry origin models are supposed to have their own skin on their belt details, but that was too much blue I felt, and resigned myself to having 'other' skin instead, despite it probably working well with their missing/replaced arms. 

We'll just say it was a long time ago mmkay, before all the drugs/experiments turned them blue, mmkay ? :D

And some cute as always:

gSX8aq7.jpg

Awww, little recon fellas, part Infiltrator head, and some Blackstone drone legs. Again, just for fluff.

And speaking of fluff, I was bored on standby at work, and knocked this up the other morning, purely using Pixlr to see how much I could do. Based of a scrawl on the back of an envelope when I was first planning out the army:

pS0IR76.jpg

So oil wash to do, and get cracking on some of the leadership. Thanks for looking !

Thanks for the kind words Doc and Pearson. They're coming along.

KATS92r.jpg

Post oil-wash, and getting the hang of this grime business.  

pqBDi9d.jpg

He's now forever more known as "Peekaboo".   :)   I'll get onto the HQ guys over the weekend, then deciding whether to deal with the mass mobs or something big.

• 3 weeks later...