Stacking light cover

yan

Here I am again, just trying to learn 9th correctly.

So can you stack light cover bonuses? For example my Eliminators with their camo-cloaks receive the benefit of being in light cover (+1 save). does that mean that if I put them actually in light cover terrain they get +2 on their saves?

Thanks!

Camo-cloaks don't work that way. They give +1 save when they're in cover which stacks to +2 but does nothing in open ground.

a yea your right! thanks thats helpfull.

But then still my question stands. but with another example:

My space wolves librarian casts stromcaller, witch gives the units within 6" of the librarian the benefit of light cover (+1 save). Does that mean they get +2 on their save's if they are actually in cover of a terrain piece and are within 6" of the lib?

A bit late here, but Lord Raven is correct. Being in cover gives you the benefit of light cover, so from a rules perspective they're saying the same thing, so it does not stack.

The wording of Camo Cloaks is pretty specific:

Each time a ranged attack is allocated to the bearer while it is receiving the benefits of cover, add an additional 1 to any armour saving throw made against that attack.

Light cover doesn't stack with other light cover, but does with dense/heavy etc.

As per above, your reading of the rule is slightly incorrect, cloaks dont give the benefit of light cover, ut enhance the effect of any light cover bonus the model already gets. As such, this will be triggered by Stormcaller, and other effects which make the models count as if they were in light cover such as the Raven Guard or 'Stealthy' Chapter Tactics. 
Edited by Xenith