Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

Well technically yes, historically they were their own unit. I for one really hope the Sword Brethren in 9th are not just sergeants but a unit again.

I get the feeling New Model Monday is more geared towards characters, generally single or double model sort of situations. Be interesting if they did crusaders or sword brethren but I doubt it.

I would love to have a rule for the Black Sword which is ignoring rules which ignore damgage. So that we dont use 3 phases (we just have 2 to deal damage) to kill things like Ghazhkull and C-Tan etc...

Or we get lot of Mortal wound mechanics like the holy grenade in the end of the movement phase to deal with them above and the emperors champion can ignore Invulves.

Isnt the black sword just a mastercrafted power sword? It shouldnt have anything like that imo. Nor should there be a rule like that imo, i think those rules are there not only to show how strong those models are in the lore, but so that on the table they arent immediately blown off. And an emperors isnt that strong

I would love to have a rule for the Black Sword which is ignoring rules which ignore damgage. So that we dont use 3 phases (we just have 2 to deal damage) to kill things like Ghazhkull and C-Tan etc...

Or we get lot of Mortal wound mechanics like the holy grenade in the end of the movement phase to deal with them above and the emperors champion can ignore Invulves.

Isnt the black sword just a mastercrafted power sword? It shouldnt have anything like that imo. Nor should there be a rule like that imo, i think those rules are there not only to show how strong those models are in the lore, but so that on the table they arent immediately blown off. And an emperors isnt that strong

Black Sword is crafted only for the Emperor's Champion from the BT, no other chapter, sanctified/purify by some chaplain.

And a black sword already end up in the chest of Abbadon who got his strengh from the chaos god aaand in the heart of Skarbrand (didn't kill it if I remember it rightly !).

There's only a few of them, something like 9 (10 before one got destroyed). And an emperor's champion is really strong, not as Sigismund who was probably able to handle any primarch in 1v1 but still someone who got his strengh gived by the emperor.

It's definitely not "just" a MC powersword. They are much more special than that and further they aren't even powerswords! I'll have to dig out the new fluff on it but they are rare and powerful blades

It seems to me that maaaybe Crusader Squad will looking a bit like the old tactical marines ? Like this guy with the flamer is definitly from one so ! And I can't imagine a squad of Black Templar without Power Sword or ChainSword sooo maybe we will be able to mix our stuff like the firstborn.

Some rumor specification earlier stated the crusaders can freely choose between chainsword/heavy bolt pistol and auto bolt rifle and the flamer. Not sure about power weapons, but I'm expecting the at least the sword brother leader to take one.