Amalrich Crusade

BayOkuz

What do you feel is wrong with him. What do you feel is ruined? Considering that this is a work in progress, everything seems to be going in the right direction.

It seems to me that, the edge highlights as grey looks a bit oversaturated. Also, Shield as white makes contrast but, I don't know how to make skeleton pop in all those white.

What do you think about the black armor? It is nearly finished. Hwat should I do to look more better?

I like it. 

Really =) thanks mate much appreciated

I mean, it's sometimes hard to tell from a photo how a model actually looks "in person" but what you're doing is shaping up to be great; don't lose any sleep over it! I realise that sometimes, when you work on a single model for some time you can get a bit disenchanted/worried/frustrated, but give yourself some more time, take a breather and judge once the model is done. The armour and the gold bits look great; for the skeleton, I'd personally go with a bone/tan colour (not white). And good luck painting those eyes ;) I'll keep my fingers crossed that they turn out great.

I'd argue the tabbard needs a bit of creme, so either hit it with ushabti bone or get more light grey in there and shade it.

Considering the grey highlights, they look a bit off on the shield because there's some detail left in black. On the actual armor it looks strong and clean. So get in there, get Mr. Skellington in bone color, pick the metal rings out, give those seals and the scrolls a bit of light grey/white and seraphim sepia. Do the same with the base, maybe get a crazy color on that cracked column.
For the white part of the shield leave the more central part in a light grey and try to get an edge highlight with pure white, should make it contrast better. If after all that you still think the highlights are off, there's nothing wrong with getting a bit of thinned down black or darker grey to correct that. I find myself spending more time on correcting edge highlights with darker tones or washes, after putting them there sloppily :P Also keep in mind that photos often overemphasize contrast, especially when using flash.

Finally, this is quite a bit nitpicky. That model looks totally fine, if that is the level you want to go for. We've all seen far worse, and the part i like the most is the heraldry shield on the chest. That's some fine brushwork! :thumbsup:

I'd argue the tabbard needs a bit of creme, so either hit it with ushabti bone or get more light grey in there and shade it.

Considering the grey highlights, they look a bit off on the shield because there's some detail left in black. On the actual armor it looks strong and clean. So get in there, get Mr. Skellington in bone color, pick the metal rings out, give those seals and the scrolls a bit of light grey/white and seraphim sepia. Do the same with the base, maybe get a crazy color on that cracked column.

For the white part of the shield leave the more central part in a light grey and try to get an edge highlight with pure white, should make it contrast better. If after all that you still think the highlights are off, there's nothing wrong with getting a bit of thinned down black or darker grey to correct that. I find myself spending more time on correcting edge highlights with darker tones or washes, after putting them there sloppily :tongue.: Also keep in mind that photos often overemphasize contrast, especially when using flash.

Finally, this is quite a bit nitpicky. That model looks totally fine, if that is the level you want to go for. We've all seen far worse, and the part i like the most is the heraldry shield on the chest. That's some fine brushwork! :thumbsup:

Man thanks so much, I did followed your tips and also, painted the corners of the shield as gold and rightnow working on weathering them. Painted  Mr. Skellington as you've said :) and corrected some edges here and there. Stil got plenty of work as it has a ton of detail but, its nearing to the finish. The parchaments, I have to make special touch with some symbols and writings.

The heraldry shield need also some shade etc but yea the basics it get out fine, thanks for your kind words :) get the idea from the new Black Templars supplement art :)

Honestly, just keep going.

Thanks mate, means a lot. I will keep on keeping on.

Crusade Beckons

IT all comes together nicely! Should you have any more premature doubts, I will launch a crusade against thee. Be warned.

You are so kind mate :)

Looking better and better

Thanks very much 

like i said... it will look amazing. Cant wait to see how you will paint the new Marshal and of course the new HIGH MARSHAL 

Oh man the new box take me away :D and coming from you,that means a lot.

Excellent work.

thank you sir, 

The thing is, I tihnk I will paint assault marine shoulders to red. Also bladeguards. Is that accurate? I mean Its correct according to Black Templar Code of Conduct right?

Wait one month, then you will see the color scheme instructions of new codex. Don't paint the shoulder bits before.

Oh you say things could be changed? 

Well I was about to paint vanguard Veteran Shoulders. What colour should I use then?

Sword brother colours. It's not going to change that much, if at all.

WellIf that is, But what then the Bladeguard? Sohuld I paint Bladeguard sergeant as red and rest is black trim?

I paint all veteran squads as Sword Brothers: Black pads with red trim and red cross. Veteran Squad Sergeants can have more bling. Like a white helmet, or in my terminators, a red Tabard.

Sword brother colours. It's not going to change that much, if at all.

WellIf that is, But what then the Bladeguard? Sohuld I paint Bladeguard sergeant as red and rest is black trim?

I paint all veteran squads as Sword Brothers: Black pads with red trim and red cross. Veteran Squad Sergeants can have more bling. Like a white helmet, or in my terminators, a red Tabard.

Hell yea, More bling works well brother.

Red tabard with black and white trim detail + noice Templar cross.

Ok I am sold. Will do asap

Ok Marshal on Bike is ready too.

The Imperial Knight's mask looks AWESOME on the Marshal's bike! Was it a gift from the Knight House, to honor the Marshal after he saved a Knight Scion's life? Or was it taken from the Knight warsuit of a Scion who gave the ultimate sacrifice at a critical battle, allowing Imperial forces to seize victory, and the Marshal mounted the mask to his bike to honor the Knight Scion's valor?