Thoughts on Kill Team 2

Orpheus108

After conducting an analysis to compare shuriken and splinter weapons...

Hidden Content
The analysis is from my work on rules for the anhrathe, trying to figure out what the stats/rules for the lasblaster and brace of pistols (anhrathe counterparts to the asuryani shuriken weapons and drukhari splinter weapons) should be. I described the lasblaster and brace of pistols as "Corsair weapons" in the charts below. Please ignore those because they are not relevant here.

First, the shuriken weapons, using a BS of 3+ versus different Save values (3+, 4+, and 5+).

gallery_44777_14807_125973.jpg

Second, the splinter weapons, using a BS of 3+ versus different Save values (3+, 4+, and 5+).

gallery_44777_14807_82715.jpg

Third, a comparison of splinter, shuriken and Corsair weapons using a BS of 3+ versus different Save values (3+ top, 4+ middle, 5+ bottom).

gallery_44777_14807_35276.jpg

gallery_44777_14807_35169.jpg

gallery_44777_14807_90578.jpg

...I'm skeptical of the damage/critical damage and save/critical save progressions. Normally I would expect to see a more regular progression in wargames, whether decreasing, increasing, level, or otherwise. What we see with the different damage values and save values combined with certain special rules is that the distribution of damage can be somewhat sporadic. In most cases (of the weapons that I evaluated against 3+/4+/5+ Save values), there is a slightly higher chance of doing the maximum amount of damage than there is of doing the second highest amount of damage.

I'll have to conduct a more thorough analysis of weapons across the myriad factions, but this (admittedly limited) analysis makes me wonder at the design intent. I'm not sure if it's significant in game play - this is just a statistical analysis. Edited by Ioldanach