Liber Demonica primaris GK

Skywrath

https://liberdaemonica.com/tproduct/1-828549278741-preorder-3-weeks-grey-wardens-squad

What do we think of those? Assuming we won't get rescaled GK models when our codex drops, these could be a good alternative, I suppose?

EDIT: Not a fan of the backpacks and the hammer, but I can always cut those off and use the stock GW ones in a pinch.

Edited by Skywrath

They look ok

Having watched Pete the Wargamers vid, I'd find it WAY (plastic vs resin) easier to buy a box of Paladins, bits buy some Intercessor power packs and Strike squad helms and call it a day. I wouldn't bother with splicing Bladeguard and Paladins.

Saw that as well, and I am very tempted to try that for that reason! I don't think the amount of greenstuff fixing would be that much, but this is certainly an avenue I can explore for sure.

The Grey Warden models would definitely make kit bashing a chunkier Grey Knight much easier:yes: However, I do like Pete's GK Terminator/Bladeguard hybrid as well. Pete's version will definitely take more work, but it has the added benefit of being more GW IP safe. Grey Warden based models could be problematic in official GW sanctioned tournies, considering the more protective stance GW is currently taking with its IP. That of course will depend on how liberal your FLGS is concerning kit-bashery.

Fortunately for me, all of my FLGS's take a very liberal view of such things, so I'd have no problem going the Grey Warden route. The only problem I have is that almost without fail, whenever I kit-bash fu minis for my 40K armies, GW will inevitably release the equivalent miniature within months and it's always much cooler looking than my kit-bashed mutant:facepalm:

Brother Lunkhead you have a gift! If you make up a conversion we’ll get new models!!

That occurred to me too.... but, then I remembered that I'm just prone to bad luck when it comes to such things:tongue.:

• 3 weeks later...