Jump to content

Backfield squad loadout


Recommended Posts

I run two 5-man backfield squads, 1 with HB and 1 with LC, and they do quite well, normally not enough of a threat compared to what else is on the board to get targeted until late game and they normally contribute quite well, I think the marine with LC has done more work than my Havoc squad with 2 LC as they never seem to be able to wound their targets :facepalm:

I've used a 10 Marine squad with heavy bolter and autocannon for a backfield unit and they have done quite well. Since the change to D2 for the HB doubling up on that makes sense, though the extra range and Strength has been useful occassionally - my main issue is shoddy rolling :tongue.:

 

I think variations on this would work just as well, it helps a lot that I have two 10 Marine squads revving chainswords and advancing on the enemy as it takes some flak off the rear guard. When CSM go to 2W a model the minimum sized squads of five will be a lot more attractive I think, and likely the standard for backfield support units?

I've been running backfield squads with 10 CSM and 2 lascannons for years now. They are a good unit (for CSM) that can really help contribute to scoring primaries.

 

Now that heavy bolters do 2 damage I really should try swapping out my lascannons with heavy bolters in some of my squads.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.