5 grot tanks

-2 rockets

5 grot tanks

-2 rockets

[Heavy Support]

3 killa kan

2 mek guns

-2 smasha guns

I've been having a real hard time justifying Grot tanks for anything other than looks. They just dont seem to have a role I couldnt fill better with Killa Kans.

Now the grot mega tank, I think that unit has some potential. A shoota loadout with the More Dakka kustom job should be lobbing out a huge number of shots for the price. Even spicier, however, is the Extra-Kustom Weapon mek job on a mega tank fully decked out with kustom mega blastas. That's an extra shot with every mega blasta for just +10pts. Just ridiculous (and probably an oversight).

Lastly, the speedwaaaagh's extra -1 AP should apply to grot tanks, grot mega tanks, killa kans, and mek guns. So I'd consider figuring out a way you could convert a deffkilla wartrike to be manned by a big boss grot. 

Now the grot mega tank, I think that unit has some potential. A shoota loadout with the More Dakka kustom job should be lobbing out a huge number of shots for the price. Even spicier, however, is the Extra-Kustom Weapon mek job on a mega tank fully decked out with kustom mega blastas. That's an extra shot with every mega blasta for just +10pts. Just ridiculous (and probably an oversight).

am i right in thinking thats 14 D3 shots? would probably kill himself :p

Lastly, the speedwaaaagh's extra -1 AP should apply to grot tanks, grot mega tanks, killa kans, and mek guns. So I'd consider figuring out a way you could convert a deffkilla wartrike to be manned by a big boss grot. 

With so many tanks, I just image a Commissar grot. I've seen a few people mod the Christmas Red Gobbo into something like that. Even better a wartrike made to look more tank like so your Grot Commissar can demand to be driven closer to hit things with his choppa.

With so many tanks, I just image a Commissar grot. I've seen a few people mod the Christmas Red Gobbo into something like that. Even better a wartrike made to look more tank like so your Grot Commissar can demand to be driven closer to hit things with his choppa.

That idea is a thing of beauty, mind if i borrow this?

That idea is a thing of beauty, mind if i borrow this?

Go for it, I look forward to seeing it.

• 4 weeks later...

after a bit of fine tuning and taking into account advice above i have the following list:

Outrider detachment:

deathskulls

Deffkilla wartrike

-warlord: ard as nails

10 gretchin

grot mega tank

-3x kmb, 2x2 kmb

-extra custom weapon

grot mega tank

-3x kmb, 2x2 kmb

5 grot tanks

-4 big shoota

-kommanda with dual kmb

5 grot tanks

-4 big shoota

-kommanda with dual kmb

5 grot tanks

-4 big shoota

-kommanda with dual kmb

5 grot tanks

-4 big shoota

-kommanda with dual kmb

3 killa kans

-rokkit launcher, scorcha, big shoota

3 killa kans

-rokkit launcher, scorcha, big shoota

Patrol detachment

deathskulls

Makari

10 gretchin

10 gretchin

10 gretchin

5 grot tanks

-scorcha

-kommanda with dual scorcha

its 9CP, and ill probably use 2CP to use the teleporta on the scorcha tanks.

edit: not sure if kustom mega blasta on grot tanks is the way to go, may swap them for rokkit launchers, less powerful weapon, but if the kommanda takes a wound from shooting, all wounds have to be placed om him first from enemy shooting, is that right?

Edited by greatcrusade08