What to expect from 9e CSM

5 hours ago, danodan123 said:

I'd love to know if the possessed box allows you to have two units (or one unit of 10?) without them looking the same as each other before I add more then one unit to a list! 

I would put money down that, like the Chosen, there's five unique bodies and you can mix and match arms for a little variety.  If you have or can get the two Possessed from the old Start Collecting box, they can be used for a little variety too.

On 7/1/2022 at 11:23 AM, danodan123 said:

I'd love to know if the possessed box allows you to have two units (or one unit of 10?) without them looking the same as each other before I add more then one unit to a list! 

The book shows some arm and head swaps. You can't change the pose but you can change some arms and heads.

1 hour ago, Warsmith Anarax said:

The book shows some arm and head swaps. You can't change the pose but you can change some arms and heads.

Ah good stuff, I've not had a chance to get the book yet but I'd love to see these differences, same with chosen, not sure how many variations of the standard 5 marines you can get, although I know there's different heads and a few weapon options but I don't think you get any more then the 5 backpacks and 10 shoulder plates

Continuing my codex research, a good Traitor Legions-style "Fist of the Gods" list may be possible for certain Legions. T9 Land Raiders, T8 Predators and Vindicators, strategic use of Mutated Invigoration (+1T can target vehicles), Methodical Annihilation and no Wound Rerolls against them (Iron Warriors), +1 to hit closest target (Black Legion), Warpsmiths and Disco-Lords enraging and/or healing vehicles, etc. Given that I have enough hulls for my IW, I may give it a shot.

I might also go full mad lad in a fun game and run two Spartans and a Typhon backed by some combo of Warpsmith, DiscoLord, and Master of Possession so they get full Legion rules in exchange for 0 CP to start....just to see how it might work. Will probably wait for Let the Galaxy Burn to be added to all the datasheets in the Imperial Armour Index. Then hey, enraged LoW's ignoring cover with exploding sixes on Turn 1.....hmmm.....

Edited by GreaterChickenofTzeentch

In addition to the datasheet buffs, I believe that vehicles now benefit from Legion traits? In that case, it's worth taking a second look at some possible combinations. Iron Warrior vehicles get a decent buff to durability. Maulerfiends and melee vehicles synergize well with Red Corsairs and Creations of Bile. It's not going to make CSM top-tier or anything, but it's something to consider when building lists.

As the new chaos codex has officially been released and is no longer "expected", it is time to lock this thread.  Please feel free to start new threads regarding the new codex, or join in those that have already been created.

If anyone has any comments that absolutely must make it into this thread, please contact me or another mod.

Finally, I would like to thank those who brought the rumours regarding the new codex - without them, there wouldn't have been much to this thread.  Thank you as well to all those who joined in on the discussions regarding those rumours.

- Dr. Ruminahui