New Ultramarines Praetors! 40K usage

Captain Idaho

I managed to get the Preator, Termie Captain, some Praetor breacher shields, and I've been waiting a long time to order some arms for my Leviathan that is still new in the box... so going against the grain I ordered a pair of Gravflux Bombard arms. I think these could be really cool. Especially with an upgraded Techmarine and a couple of flanking Dreads/Contemptors.

I'm going to take this to a new thread for fun so I don't muddy this one too much.

• 2 weeks later...

I built the Cataphractii Praetor earlier this evening and I must say it was delightful to put together. I built it stock as I didn't want to be messing about with it, but it looks great.

And everyone knows Paragon blades and Relic Blades are cooler than Thunder Hammers anyway! Combi meltas are equally groovy.

I might buy another and do some conversion work on it but I do already have a great model for different weapon sets likely I won't bother.

The power armoured Praetor will likely become a Chapter Champion very soon too. :)

I built the Cataphractii Praetor earlier this evening and I must say it was delightful to put together. I built it stock as I didn't want to be messing about with it, but it looks great.

[...]I might buy another and do some conversion work on it but I do already have a great model for different weapon sets likely I won't bother.

Great stuff. If you get the chance, would you mind sharing some size comparison pictures? I've been umming and ahhing about whether to pick up the Cataphractii Praetor for conversion purposes, and wanted to know whether it's noticeably larger than the plastics; and how it compares with Primaris marines.

I'm struggling to use the gallery here to host pics. Someone once suggested another hosting site, what could you suggest?

I don't think he's too big though. There's definitely a bit of size increase but it's mqnageable I reckon. Mostly his mass is very large. (Proportions)

Here's a cool link which shows the size difference between models. I don't think it's that bad for the Terminator version though the power armoured version is notably bigger.

Ah fudge that link didn't work as far as I can tell. Let me consult the Techmarine.

Edited by Captain Idaho