Expansion Advice

Freypal

Hi, I was hoping to get a bit of advice/opinion on how best to proceed with expanding my modest BT force...

I decided to start a BT army shortly after 9e dropped and have an Indomitus SM half plus a Redemptor dread. Being a slow painter / having too many other things ongoing it's taken me a while to get through it all but finally there...

Having seen the rumours, leaks and reveals so far I'm all in on trying to grab a BT army box when it drops but given that seems a while off yet, I was trying to decide what would be "safe" to add on in the meantime given what we know is coming now. I'm only going to be looking at Primaris for this army..;

I'd considered an Impulsor but this seems a possibility in a future combat patrol...

It seems a bit risky to grab any more intercessors/AIs or bladeguard without knowing how they sit alongside crusaders and SB...

Apothecary seems a safe bet and useful?

A squad of incursors also seemed like a good option for the forward deploy and a bit of extra shooting?

Any other thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Another Dread, Impulsors, Eradicators, Incursors. All of them have their role - maybe there are better ones or better choices in other lists but in general I would not say there is any unit which is complete useless in the new primaris range. Even the new tanks could be a thing ( especially because I think they will get again a new point drop in next CA

BGV is a safe bet. If the new brethren is 2W and don't have free/cheap storm shields on every guy, then it could hardly compete with BGV. If it is 3W and function as better equivalent of BGV , then just convert your bgv into brethren with extra bits.