Teleport Strike, Turn 1?

40k nut

Hello all, I'm just brushing up on the 9th edition rules so I can start gaming again. I have some blightlord terminators that I want to teleport strike in. The rules are in the deathguard codex and seem to suggest that I can drop them in any turn, including turn 1?

I'm not using strategic reserves, which clearly states you can't come in till turn 2.

Is there anything that I'm missing? My first game of 9th edition was last summer and my opponent said I couldn't drop in till 2nd turn, I thought maybe he was thinking back to 8th edition rules?

In Eternal War, and Grand Tournament 2021 missions, Strategic Reserve and Reinforcement units can never arrive on the battlefield in the first battle round. Any Strategic Reserve or Reinforcement unit that has not arrived on the battlefield by the end of the third battle round counts as having been destroyed, as do any units embarked within them (this does not apply to units that are placed into Strategic Reserves after the first battle round has started).

If you arent playing a GT/Eternal or similar mission pack, maybe this is negotiable (so for narrative missions, just a purely open play casual game etc).

Only exception I know of for this are Marine Drop Pods. Might be others, Ive just not heard of them or seen them.