"Unhorsing" the enemies of Knights of Titan

L30n1d4s

So, more and more in the competitive meta, even though vehicles as a whole are not dominating right now, the ability to take out multiple cheap enemy transports is becoming increasingly essential.

As evidence of this, look at Drukhari Raider spam (moving and protecting otherwise very fragile units), Sisters Rhinos (i.e. moving Storm Bolter Dominions and MM/HF Retributors up the board), and even AdMech Duneriders filled with coubter-assault Electro-Priests (I expect this trend to get even more pronounced once Guard get a new book, and Chimeras become viable again, when Tau get brought into 9th and Devilfish are also made more competitive, and when Craftworld Wave Serpents are given the "glow up" from a new book).

Based on this, how can we as GK players deal with these transports efficiently, especially given that most of our hitting power comes via melee against the enemy units hiding inside the transports?

One option is running multiple Ven Dreads with Lascannon/ML readouts and then popping the "Shadow of Undying Legends" Strat to let them all hit on 2s, rerolling 1s, at long range.

Another option is Deep Striking Psycannon Purgators... with the right buffs (a bit CP heavy, but worth it to kill multiple transports in one go), they can reliable kill 2-3 Rhinos, Raiders, etc. in a single round of shooting, exposing the passengers to other GK shooting and, more significantly, charges later that same turn.

One more option i can think of is to use a combination MWs from the Psychic Phase and massed Stormbolter shooting (Psybolt Ammo Strat should help this) to "chip down" a vehicle or two before the Charge phase, again with the goal of letting GKs get stuck in with their NFWs against the critical elements of the opponent's army.

Well, that's all I can think of right now... how about the other Grand-Masters on the forum here? Have you found any other effective methods of getting enemy units out of their transports and exposed to our amazing close combat abilities?

NDK and GMNDK can do some decent damage on vehicles. I think MWs from the psychic phase and CC with swords and halberds will get it done. And if you can wrap it up, you can stop(or limit) disembarking units.

I had a 5 man interceptor squad armed with N Swords pop a leman russ on the charge, without any reroll buffs. Which is above average, but is still a threat GKs can present.