Mixed faction kill teams?

Orpheus108

Greetings All,

So after some time with kt2, I've read through the rules a few times, and found that there's nothing stopping you from running a fire team òf say incursors and a fire team of imp guard.

Have I missed something in the rule book

I belive that it would come under the matched play roster section (core book, pg90), if you're talking about the roster. The first restiction on models in your roster is that they must all have one faction keyword (keyword printed in orange) in common.

There is a similar restiction for narrative play, where, when creating your kill team, you choose your faction keyword, which all models in your kill team must have (core book, pg96).

Open play says to select a (one/singular) kill team from your army list, which is what the compendium refers to as the list of models available for use for a faction, and how they are structured into fire teams, ect (see compendium pg4), which seems to suggest that you must pick one faction and follow the restrictions in that faction's army list. 

Therefore, in your example, you must select space marines or imperial guard as your faction, then follow the restrictions for your mode of play, as described above, for which models and fire teams you are allowed, and how many of each.

No worries, thanks

So looking at that, you could run say Incursors fire team of 4 and a fire team of space marine scouts with sniper rifles? They both have the same orange keyword.

Edited by Brother Tyler
Multi-post shenanigans cleaned up ;)