Steely Advance Grey Knights Stratagem

Holier Than Thou

The above Stratagem is used in your Movement Phase when an Infantry unit makes a Normal Move. Until the end of the turn, that unit is considered to have Remained Stationary.

So if I make a Normal Move with my Psycannon Purgation Squad and use the Stratagem, then in the Psychic Phase cast Gate of Infinity on them, they would shoot without penalty in my Shooting Phase as this happens before the end of the turn and so they are considered to have Remained Stationary?

I think it’s a bit gamey and obviously not as intended, but as per RAW, this is legal, isn’t it?

6. Even if a Reinforcement unit is subject to such a rule, that rule has no effect on that unit in the turn it is set up on the battlefield. This means Reinforcement units always units count as having moved (i.e. they never count as having Remained Stationary). Remember that this also includes Repositioned and Replacement units (pg 89).

In short, no, they wouldn't count as Remained Stationary due to having been Repositioned.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/RuosDYybaqPbpxTi.pdf