A topic too far?

Noserenda

I can see the logic in separating rumour threads into more relevant threads, but surely setting up four separate threads for a game release and its peripherals is extreme, verging on spam itself? 

Is there really much to discuss on specifically just a map/dice/cards rather than on the new starter range specifically? 

Agreed. Can't imagine a topic on aircraft cards being worth splitting off from the accompanying boardgame.

Edit: the policy wasn't enforced, for example, with this much larger Ork release, so I can't see why you'd choose to enact it now for a comparatively minor Aeronautica release.

Edited by Marshal Loss

They probably ought to have been one singular thread for the Aeronautica pre-orders, but...

... honestly, I'm wondering if sub-threads are something that the forum update might allow for? That way you can partition the pre-orders up in one singular thread, as opposed to having multiples, and conversations can carry on within those sub-threads without interfering with one another. I'm not really that well-versed in the forum architecture that B&C is using, but it's definitely something that might prove useful.

I'd tend to agree that seperating the Aeronautica releases into four threads is, in my view, unnecessary. They could easily be in one thread titled "Aeronautica pre-orders: Space Marines, Eldar, dice, cards" (or something to that effect) and I'd wager it would have very little impact on people's access to information.

The separation was deliberate to show that it isn't hard to follow the standard practice of one topic for each individual release.

I initially considered putting all of the Aeronautica Imperialis releases into a single combined discussion, especially since all will be available on the same day. However, the above principle drove the separation.

The overall concept was that anything that was in the Wrath of Angels box would be combined in a single discussion. This is why the separate squadrons don't have a separate discussion, but are all mentioned in the Wrath of Angels post. Since the cards, dice, area of engagement, and ground assets aren't in the box, they got separate topics.