Cult Ambush and Open War Interaction

Rogue

i'm just about to play an open war game with a deployment map where the two deployment zones meet at a point in the middle. Opposing units could potentially be set up within inches of each other.

The rules for Cult Ambush markers (blips) is that an enemy unit cannot be set up or move within 9" of a blip. Usually, this only applies to infiltrating units, and is a nice clear rule. But the proximity of the deployment zones presents a potential issue. If my opponent deploys a unit right at the tip of his zone, there's nothing to stop me putting down a blip a couple of inches away in my zone (nothing in the blip rules prohibits where they can be placed within your deployment zone). 

But then what happens if he gets first turn? He can't set up or move within 9" of the blip, but is already only 3" away without breaking either of those conditions. Does he have to stay still, move away to at least 9", move freely (because he's already within 9", so isn't crossing any invisible lines), spontaneously combust and be removed from play, or something else entirely?

If anyone has an answer they can share in the next 45 minutes, that would be ideal. But if not, I'm still interested to know how you might resolve this particular blind spot in the rules (which, in fairness, totally weren't written with this scenario in mind).

In the end, I was the defender, stuck my first blip as far forward as I could, and the situation I described never arose.

Pre-game, we decided that if it had, his unit could have acted without restriction. If I choose to place a blip that close, I gain a huge advantage if I go first, so it seems fair that I also risk a potential disadvantage by going second and having the enemy right on my toes (should he want to do that - in practice, he deployed as far back as he could...)

I'd play it that you cant place your blip within 9" of a deployed unit.... but this is more spirt of the rule (no deployed units in a detection range) than any RAW approach.

Edited by Slasher956