500 pts. Argent Shroud

Tipper

My wife's first list. Thoughts? Especially on Order Conviction or Scared Rite? Is it better to roll to get two Rites?

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adepta Sororitas) [24 PL, 497pts] ++

Order Convictions: Argent Shroud

Sacred Rite: 5. The Passion

+ HQ +

Celestine and Geminae Superia [10 PL, 200pts]: Warlord
. 2x Geminae Superia: 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Power sword

+ Troops +

Battle Sister Squad [3 PL, 65pts]
. 3x Battle Sister: 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Boltgun, 3x Frag & Krak grenades
. Battle Sister w/ Special Weapon: Ministorum Flamer
. Sister Superior: Power sword
. . Bolt Pistol & Boltgun

Battle Sister Squad [3 PL, 80pts]
. 3x Battle Sister: 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Boltgun, 3x Frag & Krak grenades
. Battle Sister w/ Heavy Weapon: Heavy bolter
. Sister Superior: Power sword
. . Bolt Pistol & Condemnor Boltgun

+ Elites +

Repentia Superior [2 PL, 40pts]: Bolt pistol

Sisters Repentia [6 PL, 112pts]
. 8x Sisters Repentia: 8x Penitent Eviscerator

++ Total: [24 PL, 497pts] ++

Created (mostly) with BattleScribe

Her Warlord all painted up.

513A7BE4 E2F3 446D 98B0 C80DFF2545A2

So I play a lot of argent shroud.  I really like the rerolls. However seems like you could benefit more from Bloody Rose if you are relying on those repentia as the main bulk of the force.  Arguably it could be overkill having the extra attack in a smaller game like this so who knows??  Celestine looks great!  Tell her to enjoy her first game.  Sisters are confusing but a ton of fun

Celestine is awesome to play too

However seems like you could benefit more from Bloody Rose if you are relying on those repentia as the main bulk of the force.

Spot on observation, we definitely considered Bloody Rose, it would also double down on Celestine and her Geminae's strengths.  in the end, decided that Argent Shroud would (hopefully) make the Sisters squads feel less token, help them actually get something done. Easy enough to swap, so we'll probably try both. Looking at it again makes me realize she needs to make that a Heavy Flamer, or some other heavy, instead of just a Flamer. 

minor symantics point :

As a battle forged list the Repentia Superior doesnt count as an elite unit (doesnt make a difference to your list but means you can take more elites later on.... or if you cut back the repentia to take another elite unit)

• 3 weeks later...

I run Argent Shroud for my Sister's and I don't think your list gets much if any milage out of them. If you are sticking with Argent here are some rules of thumb:

#1. Play to the reroll. That generally means going hard on low volume high damage melta weapons when you can (pistol, assault, and heavy)

#2. Focus on mobility. If you can rush your squads into close range they should hit like a bag of hammers with their shooting. If they can't wreck at close range then you need to be able to kite your opponent until they are weak enough. 90% of the time I'm taking +1 to charge and advance rolls for my doctrine. The other 10% is denying psykers on a 5+ if I'm facing GK or TSons.

At 500 points Celestine is about the only melee beatstick your need, especially if you run Argent Shroud. For myself, my AS 500 point list would look something closer to:

Celestine

X5 BSS: multimelta

X5 BSS: multimelta

X5 Seraphim: x2 pair hand flamers

That put you at 430pts which leaves room for some flavor. X5 Sacresants could give you some melee and staying power. Dominions with a couple artificer storm bolters could be fun. Even a Penitent Engine or Mortifier could round the list out nicely. The point is that your base list has plenty of speed, antitank, and anti infantry built into it already.

The Seraphim can help guard Celestine for a turn and their speed is fantastic for getting the jump on hidden units. With AS advance and shoot + the movement doctrine you're looking at a 26 to 31" threat range on those hand flamers. Drop the max flamer shots on them and they are terrifying to hordes and objective holding units.

The BSS have the mobility and hitting power to grab objectives, pop armor, and melta character snipe if you can run around screens or reduce them enough that they can character block. I have caught opponents by surprise when I make a big advance roll and get my meltas behind their screen for a character kill.

If you run AS you're playing mobility and shooting with melee as your backup. If you're running Blood Rose you're playing melee and mobility with shooting as your backup. Decide which way you like better and lean into that.

• 6 months later...