Hive Fleet Nundu, the lost Tendril_>new bioforms spotted--->>

Brother Nathan

Have a game on sat and cant decide which way to go with my nids. Have 2 concepts... playing against an elite heavy blood angels army.thoughts?

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Tyranids) [77 PL, 3CP, 1,500pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [6CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 

Detachment Command Cost

Gametype: 4. Chapter Approved: War Zone Nephilim

Hive Fleet: (Lurk) Territorial Instincts, Jormungandr

+ Stratagems +

Hive Predator [-1CP]: Extra Warlord Trait

Relic [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Neurothrope [5 PL, 100pts]: Power: Lurking Maws, Power: Neuroparasite, Power: Paroxysm, Power: Smite

Winged Hive Tyrant [11 PL, -1CP, 225pts]: Adrenal Glands, Lash Whip and Monstrous Bonesword, Power: Lurking Maws, Power: Neuroparasite, Power: Paroxysm, Power: Smite, Relic: The Reaper of Obilterax, Stratagem: Warlord Trait, Warlord, Warlord Trait: Adaptive Biology

+ Troops +

Tyranid Warriors [8 PL, 125pts]
. Tyranid Warrior: Devourer, Lash Whip and Bonesword
. Tyranid Warrior: Lash Whip and Bonesword, Venom Cannon

+ Elites +

Haruspex [11 PL, 195pts]: Adaptive Physiology: Dermic Symbiosis

Zoanthropes [7 PL, 150pts]: Power: Catalyst, Power: Lurking Maws, Power: Smite, 3x Zoanthrope

+ Fast Attack +

Parasite of Mortrex [4 PL, 80pts]: Warlord Trait: Alien Cunning

+ Heavy Support +

Carnifexes [22 PL, 425pts]
. Carnifex: Enhanced Senses, Heavy Venom Cannon, Two Carnifex Scything Talons
. Carnifex: Enhanced Senses, Heavy Venom Cannon, Two Carnifex Scything Talons
. Carnifex: Adaptive Physiology: Whipcoil Reflexes, Adrenal Glands, Tusks, Two Carnifex Crushing Claws, Two Carnifex Scything Talons

Exocrine [9 PL, 200pts]

++ Total: [77 PL, 3CP, 1,500pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Or...

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Tyranids) [76 PL, 2CP, 1,500pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [6CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 

Detachment Command Cost

Gametype: 4. Chapter Approved: War Zone Nephilim

Hive Fleet: Adaptive, Leviathan

+ Stratagems +

Hive Predator [-2CP]: 2x Extra Warlord Trait

Rarefied Enhancements [-1CP]: Extra Bio-artefact

+ HQ +

Hive Tyrant [9 PL, -1CP, 210pts]: Adrenal Glands, Heavy Venom Cannon, Lash Whip and Monstrous Bonesword, Power: Hive Nexus, Power: Paroxysm, Power: Smite, Power: The Horror, Relic: The Reaper of Obilterax, Stratagem: Warlord Trait, Warlord, Warlord Trait: Adaptive Biology

Neurothrope [5 PL, 100pts]: Power: Hive Nexus, Power: Neuroparasite, Power: Paroxysm, Power: Smite, Warlord Trait: Synaptic Tendrils

Tervigon [11 PL, 225pts]: Adrenal Glands, Massive Scything Talons, Power: Catalyst, Power: Hive Nexus, Power: Smite

+ Troops +

Hormagaunts [4 PL, 80pts]
. 10x Hormagaunt: 10x Hormagaunt Talons

Termagants [12 PL, 210pts]: Fleshborer, 30x Termagant

Tyranid Warriors [8 PL, 140pts]: Adrenal Glands
. Tyranid Warrior: Lash Whip and Bonesword, Venom Cannon

+ Elites +

Zoanthropes [7 PL, 150pts]: Power: Hive Nexus, Power: Onslaught, Power: Smite, 3x Zoanthrope

+ Fast Attack +

Parasite of Mortrex [4 PL, 80pts]: Warlord Trait: Alien Cunning

+ Heavy Support +

Biovores [6 PL, 90pts]: Show Spore Mine Rules
. 2x Biovore: 2x Chitin-barbed Fists, 2x Spore Mine Launcher

Exocrine [10 PL, 215pts]: Adaptive Physiology: Voracious Ammunition

++ Total: [76 PL, 2CP, 1,500pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

So i had my game against bloodangels and pretty heavily pulverised them to the point in turn 3 they conceeded. By my opponents calculations it was finishing 75 to 4. To be fair his sanguard missed a key charge leqving them in view of my exocrine. Highlight of the match was my opponent running a single marine into my tactically deployed sporemines infront of my right wing in s true kamikazi move to allow said sanguard charge...  anyway a few pics

20220813_165430.jpg

20220813_173712.jpg

20220813_184047.jpg

20220813_185506.jpg

20220813_191113.jpg

20220813_191909.jpg

20220813_195250.jpg

• 1 month later...

been a bit but ive to do a few catch up games this month. well 3 to be exact to finish our tournament. this week ive my first game against guard in probably a decade and always found them a hard counter to how i play my nids in the past so should be interesting. in the next few weeks i will have a game against deamons, which ive never played against not counting when they used to be a part of chaos. and all going well i will have the final at the end of the month against thousand sons which im quite looking forward to. . will have a few bits to upgrade and work at to push me on so will hopefully have a few pics this week. 

Good luck and take plenty of pictures! 

I think guard are variably in a weird/bad place right now, but their auto wound on a 6 rule is really strong, you'll have to roll more saves than you would think. The tanks are now reasonably tough, with an effective 1+ save on the russes, basilisks and manticores also benefit from the auto wounds - I think nids ability to target out of LOS stuff is lacking, so you might need a way to access these (flyrant? strat reserve exocrine?).

No experience against daemons, but Thousand Sons aren't too great now also. They've had a slight boost, however their strength is smites and MW's which nids are a lot better at and have more bodies to choke up/waste their powerful things like doombolt. The terminators are strong as ever and will shoot most things  down, but take a lot of buffing through characters and CP to get there. 

Edited by Xenith

Thanks at this point i think iv over researched my previous opponents and killed the fun so going for more fun units this game then going to swap to kronos for the remainder. 

Anyway god a few more bargain minis recently cause some were missing parts... now chopping up and figuring replacements... first up biovore that came with no legs or arms or head. Will do a bit of greenstuff to finish it but think it kinda works. Thoughts

20221005_144028.jpg

So game vs deamons was lastnight. Adding pics and will update later

t5 both armys hurt but plenty to fight with. 

20221017_223700.jpg

khorne having to grab its own objectives realising id thrown spanners in the works

20221017_221547.jpg

khorne realising how far away it is

20221017_210534.jpg

nids playing more aggressive and pushing objectives hard

20221017_210532.jpg

nids positioning after t1

20221017_201147.jpg

deamons deployment... yes khorne hiding...

20221017_201146.jpg

Edited by Brother nathan

so had my first ever game against deamons. was probably my most fun yet. opponent did forget his codex and therefore did not use a lot of his gimmicks for much of the battle and could possibly have made more of a difference. i played kronos where due to opponent hiding back the extra range made a difference. took territorial instincts as was no use in the extra ap. i think it only made a difference for the last turn. 

secondary i took raise banners warp ritual and the secure quarters one.  all did pretty decent. mission was 3.3 the 5 objectives. secure missing artefacts. worked to my advantage. my list was roughly

tyrant with shardgullet. ended up just securing my home objective and pinging out a few shots and powers. 

broodlord- did warp ritual and killed his tzench character. gave up assinate

neurothrope-didnt do a huge amount was blocked with a key power by the khorne deny strat. gave up assassinate

zoans. smitted some, army inv was wasted

hormagaunts- raised 2 banners and got flamer ed

termagaunts raided banners and killed some flamers. last member took a khorne deamons charge and protected other stuff.

warriors, got ignored pinged a few wounds out but got into opponents quarter and got forgotten by them so scored points.

gargoyles- ruined my opponents strategy as they got into their objective forcing a re divert of the khorne deamons  saving my main army- was followed  by

the parasite who after the opponent had killed the gargoyles flew over the khorne deamons infected them then charged and solod a unit spawned a ripper and drew the attention of the rest of the khorne deamons. did give up assassinate points

2 biovores, spawned several spore mines before being flamered to death.

tyrannofew with flamer did flamer a few times. was meh... deamon saves are not his friend. survived a charge by a greater daemon of khorne

exocrine pew vs inv saves... underwhelming... held objective...

was definately helped by opponent not knowing his army and not having his book. would likely be a tighter game if we tried again and kronos is not great against deamons as its supposed to be though i did appreciate the range boost when they were hiding. Final score 74 to 56... to nids(we dont add in paint score fyi) some tof the demon units are horrendous to shift. beasts of nurgle took way too many shots. soul grinder did take a fair bit to pop and cant even remember who did do it. throughly enjoyed and whilst i knew i was a head score with secondarys and knowingly surrendered  a few characters to distract full units out of my way hoping the vps would keep me scoreing elsewhere. guard game to be reschedualled. need to score points to be in witha chance to win in the last game. 

was

• 1 month later...

been a bit but finally got a bit of a game in before a family emergency meant i had to quit out and has gotten to point iv pulled out of league but regardless a bit of bat stuff from my 2 turns against a fully mech guard army. went for my pretty standard ish army gullet tyrant exocrine rupture fex parasite lictor zoans and neuro broodlord stealers and gargoyles 3 warriors and hormagaunts.  against several russes a hel hound sentinels and 2 of those deathstrike tanks. my opponent also plays nids but target priority was pretty poor focusing too much on stealers hormagaunts and gargoyles over the monsters that were killing tanks.

shardgullet only did 5 wounds in 2 turns somehow. gargoyles raised banners twice kept casting fnp on them to keep them in the game. zoans and neuro tanked alot of firepower and actually healed back damage this time, broodlord did warp ritual twice and perrilled twice and i had to find out what perils did again. the exocrine went above and beyond, melted a unit of 3 sentinals in one salvo and another tank the next. tyrnofex pinged a chunk of wounds out but failed to kill any, took the death strikes to the face and was left on 5 wounds. the  warriors took a shell to the face leaving one that charged the hellhound to tie it up  and was followed the next turn by my pointless parasite. lictor charged a tank and got flamer over watched as did stealers. fairly acceptable losses and distractions. 

so alll in it was going pretty to plan at this point of me having to down dice. my opponent struggled to stay on objectives. im not sure on my score was but id scoredi think 8 for warp ritual, had raised 2 banners. and 1 for table quarters.  my opponent had had zero secondarys scored and maby 4 for primary(think i was near 15 on primary) so not excessive withdrawing my forces i think he would have won on remaining rounds scoring with a lot of careful manouvering of remaining tanks to get past each other to the objectives. am sad i didnt get to finish but i think my opponent was loosing fun as the damage output was soo swingy and just couldnt do enough damage(not enough hits or damage from blasts) and my antitank was sitting miles above his armour toughnesses. 

so yeah i dont know that ill play the last game of the tourney as rl stuff is making such troublesome but will set aside my army for if the chance to play it come sup and likely retire the nids after it for a fair while as iv cut through far too much and want some closer games so thinking to go back to iron warriors. 

• 2 months later...

theres definately a lot of stuff thats still strong and untouched and certain plays my opponent cant stop, ie mechanicus cant stop my psychic phase at all and few armys can deal with lots of powers an shooting etc is still powerful. but more than all that my opponent admitted they dont know what anything is it all looks the same just different sizes and struggles to prioritise targets... every game my troops ahve been removed first to stop me scoring(even though ive obsec monsters...) so my big stuff has removed the real threats such as big guns then had free movement to control the rest... my opponent is good and knows his army but hasnt got a clue with nids and as i like to point out i dont think nids are wrong or too tough i think a big thing is that tanks in general are poop and easily killed atm so the mirror in the game isnt there. im gonna have to do a flip game or something to show them to focus nids out. i take pretty balanced armys so this shouldnt be happening every game. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2023 at 8:19 AM, Brother nathan said:

but more than all that my opponent admitted they dont know what anything is it all looks the same just different sizes and struggles to prioritise targets...

He should follow the advice given to all those in the Imperium: "Shoot the big ones".

large.KnowyourfoeTyranids.png.1fc088e003a87cef9f246677102c6e54.png

always loves that sort of stuff in the older codexes, definately something that is missing. need a full sized updated poster... 

as far as updates go seriously lost painting motivation but have poked a little at another lictor. really need to get back to finishing off my diamacheron... 

Picked a good day to work on this witg von ryans leaper announced. Lictor conversion (talons off a dnd model thats being used elsewhere) lictor came without talons and best i had. Thoughts. Does lack detail compared but has a different organic feel. I dont mind variety  in my nids tbh so dosent bother me too much. Thoughts

20230410_193408.jpg

Edited by Brother nathan

That paint scheme takes me back, I remember trying it out back in about 2004 and making a horrible mess of it (I was only 12!). 

Lictor looks great, the talons might not be as detailed as you'd like but the overall effect works really well. I absolutely love your Hive Tyrant too, I think I'll have to spend some time reading over this whole thread when I get a chance! 

Great stuff here!, I had a Nid’s  army back in 3rd (those metal models were dangerous if you’d pinned them properly ,you could throw one at someone and nearly kill them :ohmy:) but like the others with that scheme I wasn’t brave enough to try that out :laugh: I did the poster boys at the time red carapace and bone coloured skin  , that scheme of yours looks like they ate a whole tau Vior’la army and absorbed the colours and from your Bat reps probably the tau shooting skill as well  !! , with the new resurgence of Nids I came in to look at peoples threads (Nids are like chaos daemons, some dedicated players but the forums don’t get much traffic :confused:, every new kid loves marines …:dry:

anyways I love your army and it was a pleasure to read through your thread !! 

Cheers M. 

look forward to seeing some Von Ryan’s Leapers in your army in the future !! 

Edited by Mumeishi