Hive Fleet Nundu, the lost Tendril_>new bioforms spotted--->>

Brother Nathan

tbf its not that hard to repose, limbs its just cutting the nubs off . head requires a bit of green stuff or a spare warrior head. pose mostly can be sorted by just having it standing on something.  and as said especially atm and with previews of the new bx sets that the prime is really cheap on ebay and likely to continue...  get em and chop em up. 

DO IT!

and yes i agree. going by the direction raveners have gone the shrikes could now have a place in a nids army again. am looking forward to seeing what ew options and directions we get. 

updates... whilst ive the base mostly done it dosent like im going to get much hobby time as ive taken on too much household diy(repainting kitchen and hallway and to get skirting all painted...) plus ive a commission to do a sheild for a friend(not a model, full scale near templar style wooden one with script....) but if that pans out thats hobby money to me. 

Very much never ending. Guests over next month and wife wants xyz done so everything looks peng... grumbles. Going to earn my hobby time with this jobs list. 

So actual update. Got more ebay steals. Another prime. And a neurotyrant. Love the neurotyrant. Such a class model... i need more of it. The differences the shoulder arnour makes and compleately changes the baze model are class. Deff think i could use it and the prime to make a class parasite  and a cool oldschool ish walking zoan... maby next month. Iv already started painting this one...

20230714_164006.jpg

20230714_164139.jpg

20230714_164028.jpg

Edited by Brother nathan

Cheers. Managed to get my markings roughly marked on which means not far off now. Black wash then white on armour.  lighter red highlight and then  finnally the highlights on all the black.... ok i lies lots to go but now its all about tidying and finishing as from this point its battleready and looks a part of the swarm.

20230719_171104.jpg

Cheers. Managed to get my markings roughly marked on which means not far off now. Black wash then white on armour.  lighter red highlight and then  finnally the highlights on all the black.... ok i lies lots to go but now its all about tidying and finishing as from this point its battleready and looks a part of the swarm.

So the above didnt post when i wrote it... reds now pretty done. Black wash done and fresh corax white over armour so i think its far enough on to stay assembled. If i cant reach for  highlights it dont need em. 

20230721_190742.jpg

20230722_093140.jpg

And that i believe is this mama finished. Rust didnt go as strongly as i wanted but its not gonna define this model so much. For future i need to take more time with my reds as i think thats where iv predominately went wrong  on this one but still better than most of my nids. Love this model....

20230723_185212.jpg

20230723_185206.jpg

20230723_185200.jpg

20230723_185154.jpg

Do it. To some degree id started to use the markings to tell units appart though i typically only use one of anything but with termas it was very helpful when i terviagon spawned extras. Maring out synapse with its a good shout though!

3 hours ago, Brother nathan said:

Thanks. Now that thats done im doing the obvious thing of ignoring the unit i was working on and instead decided its time to have tyrant guard... fitting. And take some scale shots and such... 

20230724_090216.jpg

20230724_090522.jpg

20230724_090404.jpg

20230724_090505.jpg

Love the Zoanthropes through the ages photos, I used to have the 3rd edition metal model.

Agreed they are all amazing models i think im only missing the current plastics. Even have finecast though not by choice. Not for lack of trying have i not got the plastics yet. Think ill do an unarmoured neurotyrant to joing them too though i near think thatll end up being their doom model...