Grimaldus

Medjugorje

Its such a mess - but he dont have access  to SM litanies. This hurt a lot because so we dont have access to +1 to wound which was necessary I think.

How gonna support our squads. Just Helbrecht for +1 Str ?? no other way? What do you think?

Edited by Medjugorje

My only concern with Grimaldus is - and I heard this on the Tabletop Tactics review, haven't seen the page myself, so please do shoot me down if I'm wrong - evidently he offers up 12 points for Assassinate at the moment, RAW.

Other than that, I think he's really good. He offers a substantial amount of a normal Chaplain for his points, with more reliable litanies + a massive maneuverability boost + a not-insignificant durability boost for all nearby Core/Character units. Seems strong but not an auto-take, which is a good position for him to be in.

I mean, if someone couldn't figure out how to use Grimaldus as a buffing piece, I wouldn't know what to tell them. +1 attack, reroll all hits, turning on the +3 movement buff and reroll wounds for a unit turn 1, the 5+ FNP...The world really is your oyster, and he's damn survivable to boot. The only reason you wouldn't take him is if you wanted to run a bike or terminator Chaplain for specific lists. But he's by far the best all in one buffing piece I've seen, granting a leadership aura, FNP, advancing aura, Litanies, etc. He does it all.

Honestly you are gonna want to take all BT litanies anyway most of the time. Ours are so much better than what's in C:SM that we don't need to bother with them

There are two you want from C:SM. To quote myself:

Exhortation of Rage: <Chapter> Core or Character within 6" of the Priest. +1 to wound in melee? This is one of the biggest reasons to take the Litanies from the codex since we can throw buckets of attacks but don't innately wound or hit easier.

Canticle of Hate: <Chapter> Core or Character unit within 6" of the Priest gets +2" to charge, and an additional 3" when piling in. Pair with Devout Push to allow you to move up to 12" by piling in 6" twice. The other big reason to take the codex litanies since it makes charges easier, allows us to really push into the enemy lines, or completely encircle the enemy unit with a large Crusader squad.

It's the movement buff which is his main draw, where you have big squads of crusaders being able to propel them up the board towards objectives faster whilst giving the 5+++ is a huge force multiplier if that's your strategy. If you have a more elite focused list with deep striking Terminators etc. then yes he's probably not the best option, an MoS on bike will work much better.

Especially if going for a full-on melee approach, two Chaplains is by no means too much. Especially as from the looks of it the EC is "meh" at best, costing way too much for what he does and the new model looking "meh" as well, leaving more HQ slots up for grabs. I think Helbrecht + Grimaldus + bike Chaplain is likely to be a popular combo indeed.

Especially if going for a full-on melee approach, two Chaplains is by no means too much. Especially as from the looks of it the EC is "meh" at best, costing way too much for what he does and the new model looking "meh" as well, leaving more HQ slots up for grabs. I think Helbrecht + Grimaldus + bike Chaplain is likely to be a popular combo indeed.

Grimaldus occupying the MoS slot is a blow to biker chaplain. But the Tannhauser bones relic is sooooo good, and a bike chaplain is the most ideal user of it. So biker chaplain is still the best candidate of the 3rd HQ (in a battalion list).