Repulsors/Gladiators in a Templar army....

I quite like the idea of a Crusader squad decked out for combat in a Repulsor with Sigismunds Seal being a mobile threat counter.

Assuming some good positioning, they don't need character support for maximum blendage

You could, but... personally I'd rather just do it with oldmarines instead. Repulsor's just not very good (nor do I have one, only an Executioner for my Crimson Fists). A Rhino with Vanguard Vets (or even just VV with jump packs) or the like instead. Doesn't have objective secured natively, but even so much cheaper combo and blends plenty. And isn't such an expensive fire magnet. And easier to hide a Rhino behind obscured terrain.

I don't think a crusader squad should ever be in a transport really. The good thing about them is you get 16/19 point 2W models, probably with a 5++. They're better off on the board having buffs and auras on. Transports are for moving high-value stuff like bladeguard or Sword Brethren around.

One issue for the Repulsor is that transporting Gravis never really feels like a good idea, and that's the unique thing it brings. You could put 5 aggressors in a Repulsor, but instead of that you could have 6 bladeguard in an Impulsor or 5 Centurions in a LRC. The Repulsor just doesn't deliver anything like as much value, relative to the price you're paying for it, to where it needs to be. A LRC - hardly a game-breaking unit - has pretty comparable firepower and a 2+ save that might be relevant sometimes. It also has an awesome strat for BTs that lets your Centurions get out after moving... and then potentially pay a 1CP strat to fire 60 flamer shots at some unfortunate unit of 11+ models nearby. And even that might not be all that good.

Ha, I hadn't even noticed Land Raiders were 2+ now. Problem with transporting valuable units, though, is that then it's such a ridiculous fire magnet, and if the transport pops with folks inside... bleh. And even a 2+/5+++ LRC is hardly automatically safe for a turn these days. On which note I kinda wanna field my Spartan the next time I roll out with the Templars (I've only ever fielded it once, in my first 8th Edition battle), but holy heck is it hard to justify even in a casual list.

Invader ATVs with 5++ :teehee:

I'm thinking of having a Repulsor Executioner rush up with glass cannon cargo (Sword Brethren with swords + Marshal?), flanked by two Redemptors. Blaze of glory straight down the middle.

Meanwhile an Impulsor delivers Assault Intercessors & Chaplain onto objective. 

Yea I wanted something to make the Bike Chaplain not stand out so much from the rest of the force , not to mention another relative cheap and speedy multi melta on deck. 

I like the idea of a Repulsor Executioner Suicide rush , I just feel like its way too many points  because of how overcosted the executioner is even with a free 5++ 

Impulsors carrying something useful  with a multi melta are gonna be solid with the new ruleset , atleast I think  so 

repulsors , both variants, pay a transport tax. and since transporting needs to go forward and assault gun needs to stand back, basicaly they will rarely, if ever, work.

but gladiators are almost NEARLY COMPETITIVE. not all variants- a reaper can put out 20 str 4 + 24 str 6 shots per turn though, and a valiant is an excellent tank destroyer. i really think a 5++ could make them see play.

This is why I think a Repulsor can work in a BT army.

2 major problems with a repulsor, compared to it's cost.

1. It's not durable.  A problem that a 5++ and a 5+++ vs. mortal wounds mitigates substantially.

2. It pays a transport tax. This is only a problem if it's not transporting anything. Generally a transport is transporting for the first 1 or 2 turns of a game.  Normally, by turn 3, whatever is you're transporting needs to get out and do whatever you paid for it to do.  Enter Devout Push.  If you're transporting a 5 man Eradicator unit or a 10 man Hellblaster unit, you are using that transport capacity every turn (potentially).   That's no longer a tax, now it's a full on asset.

With the right selection of weaponry, all the guns you use on a Repulsor can converge nicely with the infantry models you're transporting, so they will generally be operating at peak range respective to one another.

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum

Impulsors carrying something useful  with a multi melta are gonna be solid with the new ruleset , atleast I think  so

Yeah, I'm once more torn whether to complete the Impulsor for my Templars or for my Crimson Fists. The possibility of adding the multi-melta is intriguing, and 5++ from Uphold would mean no need for the Shield Dome. So assuming the MM can be added without replacing another option (I'm not sure how that works), you could have a somewhat respectable amount of firepower for 145 points - 2x Storm Bolters, Stubber, Skytalon Array, Multi-Melta. The thing I'm less sure of is what I'd put there. I guess the options would be BGV, AI and SB given my planned Primaris selection for BT. My CF could put all kinds of things in there. But the chances of the damned thing coming out from initial cover and surviving with passengers inside just seems slim to none, 5++ or not, and losing not just the vehicle but probably at least one passenger with it isn't enticing, especially a pricier passenger like a BGV.

Edited by tvih

repulsors , both variants, pay a transport tax. and since transporting needs to go forward and assault gun needs to stand back, basicaly they will rarely, if ever, work.

but gladiators are almost NEARLY COMPETITIVE. not all variants- a reaper can put out 20 str 4 + 24 str 6 shots per turn though, and a valiant is an excellent tank destroyer. i really think a 5++ could make them see play.

1. It's not durable.  A problem that a 5++ and a 5+++ vs. mortal wounds mitigates substantially.

2. It pays a transport tax. This is only a problem if it's not transporting anything. Generally a transport is transporting for the first 1 or 2 turns of a game.  Normally, by turn 3, whatever is you're transporting needs to get out and do whatever you paid for it to do.  Enter Devout Push.  If you're transporting a 5 man Eradicator unit or a 10 man Hellblaster unit, you are using that transport capacity every turn (potentially).   That's no longer a tax, now it's a full on asset.

With the right selection of weaponry, all the guns you use on a Repulsor can converge nicely with the infantry models you're transporting, so they will generally be operating and peak range respective to one another.

10 Hellblasters popping in and out of a Repulsor is so nasty! :biggrin.:

With the right selection of weaponry, all the guns you use on a Repulsor can converge nicely with the infantry models you're transporting, so they will generally be operating and peak range respective to one another.

10 Hellblasters popping in and out of a Repulsor is so nasty! :biggrin.:

Woah, wait. Yes that's really something. You can use the 3" fight phase move to embark right back inside a transport (until it's FAQd, which it badly needs to be). All sorts of silliness is possible with this strat.