my honest opinion

Medjugorje

He says that the best thing about the vows that you dont have to take them. You can scip a vow. 

And thats what the best BT player says about them. And both says AAC is the worst.

Edited by Medjugorje

I remember this being said about Grey Knights and Orks and they just placed 1st and 3rd in my states Grand Tournament. You're entitled to an opinion, but be open to the idea you might be wrong too, at least when it comes to how competitive they are. I can't say right or wrong about how they feel to play to you.

Just gonna throw my 2 cents in here. All he is saying is they dont feel like he wanted to. How exactly he feels they should be im not totally sure of myself but that can be hard for anyone to explain.

Buuuuut if BTs are going to be competitive only from shooting people and just add a lot of numbers on objectives I will be sad to. I think most of us will. We want to murder stuff in melee so if we arent viable as that all of us will be disappointed.

Just gonna throw my 2 cents in here. All he is saying is they dont feel like he wanted to. How exactly he feels they should be im not totally sure of myself but that can be hard for anyone to explain.

Buuuuut if BTs are going to be competitive only from shooting people and just add a lot of numbers on objectives I will be sad to. I think most of us will. We want to murder stuff in melee so if we arent viable as that all of us will be disappointed.

On paper it feels like we can go grind the opponent down throw buckets of dicw and good durability, though I admit I haven't been able to really try anything since I don't currently have 3 Primaris Crusaders squads sitting around.

I remember this being said about Grey Knights and Orks and they just placed 1st and 3rd in my states Grand Tournament. You're entitled to an opinion, but be open to the idea you might be wrong too, at least when it comes to how competitive they are. I can't say right or wrong about how they feel to play to you.

but he have the same opinion then me. And he plays very good and competitive. AND like i said. I see me as a very experienced competitive player. I think its not conicidence

but he have the same opinion then me. And he plays very good and competitive. AND like i said. I see me as a very experienced competitive player. I think its not conicidence

Nah, there are a lot of competetive players who are very positive on this book. Sure you found one negative person but that isn't that special.

On paper it feels like we can go grind the opponent down throw buckets of dicw and good durability, though I admit I haven't been able to really try anything since I don't currently have 3 Primaris Crusaders squads sitting around.

And i think you are quite right on that thought. I also feel we can take some of the more specialized units and make them work. And not just throw 100 bodies on the enemy :p

No one has really tried it out yet. Only time will tell.

My point was a lot of people, including competitive players, said Grey Knights and Orks were hot garbage, and we have definitive proof from the Michigan GT that it isn't a solid fact. I feel like that is the case here. I can't argue with you about how you might feel about how they play, but I have heard far more positive reactions to the BT rules from the competitive scene.

They look strong to me… wanna see points as that really seals the deal.

Also remember admech and Drukhari are both due some seriously strong nerfs sooner than latter.

Exactly, and the longer a codex is around the more we figure out counters.

Edited by General Strike

It seems to me that we have lost some "one trick pony" type moves and gained a lot of potential synergies. The skill curve has become steeper, sure. But I am not convinced that it has stagnated in its reach compared to before.

Steel your heart before the disease spreads!

I think the following applies here:

So I have stayed away and not dropped any further hints on here, as per request. But I did say that we were going to need to adapt. I did not say we were going to be less competitive.

Just consume the book, let your emotions idle down a little...and you'll be able to see the delicious combos. You have to remember...I have had access to the rules for quite some time. I am a very competitive player. That's what I do. And I am excited for our future.

Fair enough, you may think the army feels differently while still being competitive, but is that anything new? I'm sure it felt differently when 5 man las plas was the competitive choice too.

I get where the Medjugorje is coming from. I'm a space wolf player but I really think the white scar rules fit wolves better than the ones I got. I think its just the nature of how we look at our chapters compared to how GW views them. I like Ragnar too much to ditch the rules and honestly I've had fun with them, but I'd rather have advance and charge over +1 to hit and/or HI. I think its a fair opinion to have, Medjugorje wanted some more finesse abilities, and GW went for overall durability.

I really think the amount of rules we have available makes it harder to be content with your fraction. My advice for Medjugorje would be to play around with Templars, and just give them a fair shot.  

Edited by Jorin Helm-splitter

Nah, there are a lot of competetive players who are very positive on this book. Sure you found one negative person but that isn't that special.

a long time i was (and i think still be) the best BT player in germany. It sounds sooo arrogant - but hey... there is a competitve gamer who wins all tournaments at the moment. art of war killing Everything right now. And they have exactly close to 1:1 the same opinion in every single thing. 

I am not the best list writer - i know. But I am sitting here for hours with this book and the sm codex and try to make lists and nothing comes out which could be "my" personal flavour.  And my personal flavour is reliable fast melee units.

I get where the Medjugorje is coming from. I'm a space wolf player but I really think the white scar rules fit wolves better than the ones I got. I think its just the nature of how we look at our chapters compared to how GW views them. I like Ragnar too much to ditch the rules and honestly I've had fun with them, but I'd rather have advance and charge over +1 to hit and/or HI. I think its a fair opinion to have, Medjugorje wanted some more finesse abilities, and GW went for overall durability.

I really think the amount of rules we have available makes it harder to be content with your fraction. My advice for Medjugorje would be to play around with Templars, and just give them a fair shot.  

THX.

yes - i will try but i am waiting for this book since start of 6th edition when I thought there would be a new book. And finally it is arrive and it is so far away from what I would like to have thats its really a mess for me. I am such a BT Fan my whole life... If the index rules would be different before then maybe my expectiations would be different. But they made us fast as hell and it was that funny to play with them. Even in fluffgames I could field Assault squads (which are considered as trash) ... but I had fun to play with them because of the mechanics who seemed to me as a perfect fit.

I think the following applies here:

So I have stayed away and not dropped any further hints on here, as per request. But I did say that we were going to need to adapt. I did not say we were going to be less competitive.

Just consume the book, let your emotions idle down a little...and you'll be able to see the delicious combos. You have to remember...I have had access to the rules for quite some time. I am a very competitive player. That's what I do. And I am excited for our future.

Fair enough, you may think the army feels differently while still being competitive, but is that anything new? I'm sure it felt differently when 5 man las plas was the competitive choice too.

When I started after my break in middle of 5th edition I played the edition when everyone just take those LaPlas troops. I run 2 of them of course - but 2 squads of chainsword wielding + powerfist + a few neos + a 7squad of assault terminators in a land raider crusader and started to have great success in tournaments. 

I played my BT always as a mix of shooting and close combat. I think 50:50. But the reason is that all of them worked as I liked them so see how they should work. 

Believe it or not there are some WS players that don’t like their rules much… yes it’s actually true.

For once I welcome your sarcasm, BBF. This is like yelling at your reflection in the mirror, no one is gonna change their opinions. I do think it is a bit of emotional reaction combined with some arrogance and refusal to accept change. How many "good at close combat" chapters do we have? Scars, Wolves, Angels, Templars, Eaters, even Emperors Children in certain books. How many ways can we use a D6 to show the uniqueness of that thing? How many chapters can we give rerolls to hit or +1s or whatever to? This is something unique and different. We have tools to get into combat, to hit with more bodies than any loyalist, and more survivability. We can play the game better by moving around outside our movement phase to steal objectives. There is a lot here, if you want to throw a block of swords and not think, thats gonna be WEs.

I like to think that we ain't the ones that hit the hardest in melee with the blood angels rage or the technological rich dark angels but through faith we'll let nothing stand in our way and be one of the most fervent to get in. We let nothing stop us from just charging them no matter the odds or outcome. Edited by ChargingSoll