Breaking the Meta

Medjugorje

I have a 'meta' question for you folks; A bit off the original post topic but still relevant:

Where do you see Templars matching up with the White Scars?

I play both and admittedly am much more experienced with Scars, but there's a feeling to me like BT's would/should take this match up.

I don't want to say why I feel this way, I'd rather hear what you guys think of this match up!

If both are playing traditional strong marine builds? Probably templars.

meltas and macro plasma lose a lot of value, as does khans' aura and bgv swords. Tannhausers can tank pretty much everything but van vets.

I have a 'meta' question for you folks; A bit off the original post topic but still relevant:

Where do you see Templars matching up with the White Scars?

I play both and admittedly am much more experienced with Scars, but there's a feeling to me like BT's would/should take this match up.

I don't want to say why I feel this way, I'd rather hear what you guys think of this match up!

If both are playing traditional strong marine builds? Probably templars.

meltas and macro plasma lose a lot of value, as does khans' aura and bgv swords. Tannhausers can tank pretty much everything but van vets.

it depends on which lists are played. I think that a Judiciar with a BGV can hurt the White Scars player extremly except the WS uses whirlwinds. 

In the index i never lost against WS. But now I think WS should win this because of their better movement abilities. 

Druks talos/cronos engine(fnp,-1dmg,6++) spam become new meta hot toys. How about our answer?

I played grotesques and talos with -1 dmg (and 5+++ not 6+++) since the codex came out and have won a  tournament with that list. 

Drukhari and BT are my main armies - I think i can answer this question^^ 

With Terminators with crux obsidian and divine protection you can hurt them very hard. 

But that thing should be debated on another threat.

Edited by Medjugorje

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry that i didnt contiune this thread. but honestly i am very busy with work at the moment and I tried hard but dont like the playstyle of this book. 

I will not invest to much time in a book which I have no fun with.  I will wait until new point drops or the new Marines book will be released.

Fair enough, your attitude has been pretty consistent since the supplement came out so no surprise, really.

Appreciate the input and forum content that came from your discontent, at any rate! Hope there are things you can continue to enjoy in the game beyond competitive play.

Fair enough, your attitude has been pretty consistent since the supplement came out so no surprise, really.

Appreciate the input and forum content that came from your discontent, at any rate! Hope there are things you can continue to enjoy in the game beyond competitive play.

This post is so reasonable and wholesome. :smile.:

• 2 weeks later...

What’s not to like though? BT units finally have a sense of durability all marines should have. On the smaller boards having to proceed on foot isn’t optimal but doable and even vehicles lose some of the paper mache quality other chapters have to suffer through.

It’s not like we are talking Iron Hands OP. Druhkari are still going to smash face most days and other Codexes right around the new year are going to make BT yesterday’s news in a heartbeat. Rejoice Brothers your fluffy and competitive with some great new models.

Here’s hoping they are as diligent in doing the same for the other outdated supplements over the next year :)

What’s not to like though? BT units finally have a sense of durability all marines should have. On the smaller boards having to proceed on foot isn’t optimal but doable and even vehicles lose some of the paper mache quality other chapters have to suffer through.

It’s not like we are talking Iron Hands OP. Druhkari are still going to smash face most days and other Codexes right around the new year are going to make BT yesterday’s news in a heartbeat. Rejoice Brothers your fluffy and competitive with some great new models.

Here’s hoping they are as diligent in doing the same for the other outdated supplements over the next year :)

They seemed to only like the alpha strike jank from advance+charge and push. That's...basically the only things that were lost? Maybe the criminally under costed crusader squad?

Now here's the jokes.

The loss of advance charge and push is usually equated with "templars were a fast melee army and they lost their theme", but that's a lie. One unit could be speedy; the army was as dog slow as any normal marine list. It wasnt BA or white scar fast. Even Raven guard have a better claim with swift and deadly and shrike. So it's really, truly just jank. And Raven guard do that better as well.

As for crusaders going up. Ya it sucks. No it doesn't matter. Tournament results speak for themselves; the subfaction is more competitive after the price hike than before.