Competitive BA

INKS

My issue with firstborn is that they are firstborn. It would be fun to convert/kitbash some primaris as count-as though.

But when you consider their mobility advantage, and that they can be equipped to better kill foes ... its a big advantage over primaris. Transhuman is an addictive drug however ;)

Had a couple of games today - one against Drukhari and one against IG. The Drukhari game I was experimenting with some stuff…and it super didn’t pan out. So I won’t comment much on that.

However - both games I ran 2 pods of devastators and hoo buddy. They did work. Supported with a VolCon and VanVets and sang guard - IG was tabled t3. The key for us, I think, is playing cagey for a couple of turns and maximizing our survivable units.

My issue with firstborn is that they are firstborn. It would be fun to convert/kitbash some primaris as count-as though.

But when you consider their mobility advantage, and that they can be equipped to better kill foes ... its a big advantage over primaris. Transhuman is an addictive drug however :wink:

Hmm your not wrong

Had a couple of games today - one against Drukhari and one against IG. The Drukhari game I was experimenting with some stuff…and it super didn’t pan out. So I won’t comment much on that.

However - both games I ran 2 pods of devastators and hoo buddy. They did work. Supported with a VolCon and VanVets and sang guard - IG was tabled t3. The key for us, I think, is playing cagey for a couple of turns and maximizing our survivable units.

How did you equip your devastators? Did you have any character giving them buffs?

But when you consider their mobility advantage, and that they can be equipped to better kill foes ... its a big advantage over primaris. Transhuman is an addictive drug however :wink:

Hmm your not wrong

I think between you and I, we have established what each type of death company is better for .... the idea of a ten man primaris death company going right up the board to be a distraction carnifax that can tank damage and still put out some kill power is not to be overlooked. At the same time if you need speed and kill power then go firstborn death company. :)

Even when experiments don't work they are still useful learning experiences. I would be interested to hear what you tried and why it didn't work, even if only so I avoid the same mistakes. :wink:

How did you equip your devastators? Did you have any character giving them buffs?

Same question here. I normally think of Grav Cannons or Multimeltas in a pod but in would be interested in other people's experiences.