Daemonic allies

Plague _Lord

I've been wondering what can tzeentch daemons give to a 1ksons army and vice versa? I have a few horror and screamer units + ahriman so it makes sense to make a nice fluffy army, but I wouldn't want it get thrashed.

What do tzeentch daemons give?

Exalted Lord of change is quite a decent unit and has a plethora of offensive spells that can add to a 1ksons MW output. He does lose out without the immpossible robe though.

Screamers are quite fast and can charge fliers

I like the idea of a brick of 30 horrors dropping on an objective and destroying a screen or alternatively 9 flamers dropping and giving an average of 5 MWs + any damage that gets through to a tougher target.

TBH the best use of daemons in 1ksons is probably from  a single changecaster and him casting flickering flames on a triple plasma forge fiend. If you add an Infernal Master then you could potentially buff the Fiend to str 9 with +1 to wound, meaning you are wounding the toughest targets on a 2+. While not amazing, on average this will get you around 8 unsaved wounds on a redemptor which isn't that bad in 1 shooting round.

I'm guessing that maining daemons and adding Arhiman and 10 cult of time terminators would probably be the better option.

Are any of you contemplating daemons?

Edit - summoning a changecaster doesn't get hit the loci bonus to str.

Edited by Plague _Lord

I’d love to see something in the daemon book that allows daemons to be included and not break mono army bonuses. I think that is the main reason we will see daemons not being included. If you want daemons you have to see what roll they fulfill for your army compared to what you lose. And amount of daemons means you lose the whole cabal system.

I believe it is possible to build a pure 1KSons army and gain the mono-faction bonuses but put some points aside for summoning units during the game. I haven't tried this myself but I have heard of other players doing it so I presume it is leggit.

Yup.  As Karhedron says, you can summon them in.  I've not tried myself, but played against a death guard player who did the same with nurgle daemons.   He saw it done in a tournament list.

I believe it technically allows you to have more than 3 HQ for example if you summon in a daemon HQ piece. 

That said, I fully expect that to change when the daemon army book comes out to remove that ability (or perhaps summoning to be limited to daemon characters rather than any chaos character)