Lil Armiger rules

Noserenda

So inspired by Lord Borak i had been working on some rules for Armigers in AT, my regular game buddy among others also suggested doing two to a base which im considering too but figured id show the individual rules after the first round of feedback for wider perusal by folks.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Sy2qB5mgsywhmeQFe4rDLMIumq1LGoNc2J-fCyUE1RA/edit?usp=sharing

Main design points: 
1. Similar firepower to questoris, way less staying power
2. Avoid being fuel for activation spam
3. Avoid Helevrins being the premier shield stripper! 

I think this hits all those beats? But yes, weigh in! 

Not too dissimilar from what I was thinking although I was looking at...

Unit Size 6-9

WS/BS 4+

2 Structure Points (past the green one that is)

8-10 Direct Hit

11-12 Devastating Hit

13+ Critical hit

I wanted them to be easy to remove, with even lasers being able to cause critical hits on them. Very much so a glass hammer. So being able to suffer critical hits easily will help reduce their durability. Their shields as well I'd have the same as a Questoris BUT having 1-2 Armigers count as 1 Questoris. 

The chain cleaver I'd drop to str 5. The only reason is because the Magaera/Styrix are str6 in combat.

Thermal Spear I'd drop to str6 but keep Fusion. It should reliably hurt AV10. You don't want them Causing critical on Warlords left right and centre! as funny as that would be.

The Helverins seem a bit too good. Maybe drop them to 2 str4 shots each with no rapid. Having 6 of them putting out 18 tr 4 shots with rapid will just remove shields within 24" at a bargain price of 150pts. 150pts for 12 str4 shots is a bit less mad. 

Sorry fireworks, terrified dog and stressed out wife have scrambled my brain tonight but ill have a look in detail tomorrow when i have time :D 

But broadly you are probably right on the guns but their weapons really are negliably different in power in AT terms from the questoris :) 

True, I guess. My basis was that a Twin Autocannon on an Acastus inflicts a single Str4 hit. The Helverin Autocannons are a somewhat beefed up version of the normal Autocannon. So I didn't think two str4 shots would be totally 'out there'. But then the Acastus Autocannons only have a 6" range so it's not like they were every going to inflict many hits anyway. So maybe you're right?

Maybe drop them to 1 shot str 4 shot with a max range of 16"? 

S4 is definitely right for the autocannons, it fits the weapons role perfectly. Range is more of a debate but i think the Acastus autocannons have artificially short range for whatever reason, the Autocannon is a 48" range weapon in 40k and the Armiger mounts an extended range version of that, 24" in AT is about right based on its peers :) 

Dropping rapid might well be sensible though, it was a compromise based on 3 shots feeling skimpy  for 2 autocannons. Well, that or 2 shots rapid.

With the hits and armour, a devastating hit on my numbers kills an armiger, while a critical kills 2, so i figured it was better to make that a bit trickier, whilst devastating hits still feel like crits :) 

Again with the Thermal cannon its only 1pt less in 40k which feels like nothing much in AT, but S7 could work :) 

It seems with the FW melee knight weapons they went for extra attacks, lower strength, which i considered for the chain cleaver, but i think ultimately it has almost the same damage output as the bigger chainsword on its "stab big things" profile :D 

Tweaked a bit based on feedback, more always welcome! 

I was directed to some rules for the Armiger from the Imperius Dominatus(?) group

I'm not sure how to upload rules/files here so you'll have to forgive my techno-stupidty.

nErVq1M.jpg

21W7LTI.jpg

The look good. About the points I was thinking (35pts for a Warglaive). Although the Thermal Spear is a bit nastier than I would have gone for I guess theres no reason why it wouldn't be str8 when a Melta gun is Str8. Helverins have Rending for some reason, no idea why but other than that. I like them. 

Edited by Lord_Borak