Mind-bullet hoses!

Paladin777

All right, let's see them. Your favorite mind-dakka builds. For kicks and giggles, let's keep Ahriman out of it!

Obviously a Cult of Magic exalted with Devastating Sorcery has an edge with full rerolls and a decent witchfire as a cult power, but I think a cult of Time sorcerer with Immaterial Echo can make a decent one too with the extra cast.

Cult of Time exalted sorcerer

Rehati

Disc of Tzeentch

Immaterial Echo

ATHENAEAN SCROLLS (used on Tzeentch's Firestorm for one of the few ways to greatly increase the chance to cast on unmodified 9 to get both the better result as well as an extra cast)

Doom bolt

Tzeentch's firestorm

Start the party with firestorm, fishing for that 9. Then cast whatever spell available is most important next (if you got the 9) as it's undeniable, then finish up with the last two with a great chance of casting 4 powers per turn.

If you know you're facing Orks or Guard or another army that runs large squads, the. Baleful Devolution is also a good candidate for this instead of firestorm.

This sorcerer might do a little less damage overall than a Cult of Magic sorcerer, but the fact that he's a part of the Cult of Time is great, and he can actually have a little bit of utility with having a reasonable chance to cast Time Flux undeniably without using Cabal Points.

Alternatively, an undeniable doom bolt would always be good too!

Edited by Paladin777

More annecdotle and not different than what you showed, but the other day I had someone get a little upset because I dealt a ton of mortal wounds from one model.

Exalted:

Athaenean scrolls

Immaterial echo

Doombolt

Firestorm

Casted doombolt. Fished for that 9+ on 3d6 one firestorm. Got it. Rolled 5 mortal wounds. Rolled smite and got a super smite. Rolled a 6. Added d3 on top of that and rolled a max 3. Total of 17 wounds.

The next turn he dealt 12. Add this to casting smite 5 times in order to resurrect a terminator (so, a bunch more smites), mortal wound city.

As above, don't need Rehati for a mind bullet Sorc in Time - Echo lets you get off firestorm, doombolt and smite. Rehati would be good for astral blast.

The alternative Sniper is:

Cult of Magic: Rehati; Scrolls; Firestorm; Astral blast; Gaze of Hate

Firestorm and gaze let you choose targets so you can pick off characters - on average with a boosted firestorm you'll be doing 4.5 wounds, kicking up to 6 with malevolent charge. If they're near death you can astral blast a unit nearby then pick them off with the free wound from blast, or target the nearby unit, MW the characters, then malevolent charge them. 

• 2 weeks later...

I used Ahriman in my last game, and the rerolls were super clutch, he failed some damage powers on me, or I was able to reroll and fish for the firestorm on a 9+. With positioning, I used smite instead of gaze of hate each time. GoH is great for sniping, but smite is better for raw damage as GoH has a chance to deal 0 MW's, while smite maxes out at 6. 

That said, I'm wondering if I can shave points down. Next game I'll be running:

Exalted - Disc, Firestorm, Doombolt, Smite, Athanaean scrolls (Firestorm), Immaterial echo. This gets him a good chance of firestorm on a 9+, for ~3 MW and triggering an undeniable Doombolt/smite. Firestorm (9+), doombolt, smite malevolent, scroll should net me 10.5 mortals. If I'm feeling saucy, I might throw rehati and forbidden lore on there to get an extra cast and gaze of hate for average 12 MW's assuming all cast.   

Keep in mind that Rehati doesn't give you a third power, and if you use it with the Athenean scroll you can't also get both immaterial echo and forbidden lore. I've tried...

With Dilettante you can get two warlord traits and one relic, or one relic and two warlord traits (one of those coming from a relic).

Without dilettante you're stuck with only one of each (or two warlord traits using a relic).

I think the most damage we can do with one exalted sorcerer is going to be cult of magic, Rehati, athanean scrolls, devastating sorcery.

Use the scroll on firestorm for rerollable 3d6, doom bolt, and astral blast/smite (depending on situation).

Edited by Paladin777