What to do

Tiger9gamer

Hey guys, I am having a hard time wrapping my head around 9th edition admech. I have enough for an army still with some work and proxies, but I have no real clue what fits together. 

I played Lucius before it got super powerful, and almost always had an imperial knight. In 8th I ran a Dominus in the back to baby sit onagers and a bunch of kataphron Destroyers, while I had squads of 10 vanguard walk around the field, with one plasma squad and one (counts as) squad of electro priests in deep strike. I also had 6 shooty robots and some data smiths running around. Considering how that was 8th edition…

what the heck do I do with these guys?

also forgot to mention that I have breachers, a few rangers that are barebones, and a few FW robots I treat as punchy boys. 

Edited by Tiger9gamer

well you can still run the knight as a aux super heavy detach and it gets knight of the cog which opens the fluff for you,

im looking at biger units of rangers and vanguard with a new skitz marshal to counter my mates death guard for example:

20 rangers heavy2 galvanic rifles ie 40 shots with the strat very tasty but by the same token 20 vanguards = 60 shots most things are gona burn

the robots can now have mixed arm wepons so less dakka a bit of fisting action also flexable 

onagers whats not to love i run a mix of eradacation and icarus unless im faceing knights/titans then the neutrons come out

im also looking at a manipulus runing with my vanguards up front

and the archeotech guy for smaller games all good fun

well you can still run the knight as a aux super heavy detach and it gets knight of the cog which opens the fluff for you,

im looking at biger units of rangers and vanguard with a new skitz marshal to counter my mates death guard for example:

20 rangers heavy2 galvanic rifles ie 40 shots with the strat very tasty but by the same token 20 vanguards = 60 shots most things are gona burn

the robots can now have mixed arm wepons so less dakka a bit of fisting action also flexable 

onagers whats not to love i run a mix of eradacation and icarus unless im faceing knights/titans then the neutrons come out

im also looking at a manipulus runing with my vanguards up front

and the archeotech guy for smaller games all good fun

I have a guy I can use as a manipulus so that is good. I never thought I would say this but I don't know if I have enough vanguard for too many big bricks of guys! And is it worth it to grab a knight? probably going to go with -4 CP just to get a krast warlord in there to help me with shooting.