Be'Lakor in a Slaaneshi Daemon Army - rules interactions?

Xenith

Hi All,

I have a game later today, possibly, facing off against what will likely be a Slaanesh-only daemon army, with Be'Lakor, a KoS then either another KoS or Shelaxi - pretty brutal.

I was wondering if there were any janky rules interactions or bonuses that a mono-god daemon army loses if it contains Be'Lakor? Daemonic Loci was the one I was thinking of, as all Daemons need to follow the same god, however while everything will have the SLAANESH keyword, Be'Lakor will also have KHORNE, NURGLE and TZEENTCH. 

If there's o interaction, does that mean Be'Lakor also gets the Locus of swiftness, so he can advance and charge?

Any input is welcome!

Cheers,

Xen

Be'lakor doesn't break Loci, as of the latest FAQ so the army itself works as normal with him in. I don't know if Be'lakor himself benefits from them as I don't know his rules, I don't think he would as that wouldn't fit his background so he should be more "stand alone" with regards to the wider army, hopefully someone can confirm soon :tu:

He does get the locus as he has the Slaanesh keyword.

He also can be targeted by all the god restricted stratagems that can target a Daemon Prince because he has those keywords as well. Biggest one to know that is coming is the Nurgle healing stratagem, then the Khorne attack again stratagem.

Keep an eye out for points missing, as Be'lakor is a toolbox for summoning due to having all the keywords

Be'lakor likely will not be the warlord due to the Shadow Lord warlord trait being useless outside of DoB.

Also keep an eye on the spells Be'lakor uses as he can only use powers from the Noctic discipline and smite. A good bit of the Noctoc spells do not work outside of DoB as they have no valid targets.

Be'lakor does not have the DoB keyword outside of that army of renown, and the entire list has to follow the rules to play that army of renown.

Big benefits to having Belakor! 

I got hit hard by a 3 keeper+belakor army:

Keeper

Keeper

Shalaxi

3x 10 daemonettes

Vanguard

Belakor

Enrapturess

3x3 fiends

I really didn't count on how fast all that can move with base move 14" and advance and charge on almost everything! I'll stick a write up in my CSM plog in my signature, if it's of interest. 

Not surprised to hear it hit had that's a lot of the best stuff for Slaanesh. With so many units moving that fast you're not going to stop them all, or even most probably. Was the Enrapturess to hang back and support Daemonettes in holding objectives and preventing rear deep strikes and the like? Can't see them doing much with the heavy weights in the list...

I was playing Thousand Sons and my opponent pretty much tailored the army to fight them - some bad feels there. The enrapturess causes auto-perils on doubles, however I managed to keep my main sorcs out of 24" (!!!) range, largely. 

I did deploy too close and opened myself up to charges - I thought I could sacrifice a unit per turn, but my opponent was rolling well also, plenty of 5" advances and even a 12" charge from a keeper into my SOT's in turn 1...

Edited by Xenith

Ah I forgot about that rule of hers (because I've barely got to use it), yes list tailoring isn't cool but I don't think such a list needed her... Also Slaanesh is fast - has to be - so there's little you can do to escape especially on smaller table sizes as we have now. It would be nice if such lists weren't around making the rest of us look bad by association :P

I won't say it was massively tailored - the list has the core of what my opponent would usually have in their 2k list - loads of keepers - but I think the enrapturess wsa an addition just for this game. 

We actually played on a 6x4, and short table edges, however deployment was still only 24" between zones - I didn't deploy smart at all, as I wanted to be able to reach out and take objectives t1 if I could, resulting in ~19" advances and 5" charges into my screens. 

That's two FW models for Keepers, this is a serious army :lol: Being well optimised along with good luck such is the way things go, Sons are probably not a good match up with their lack of long ranged options as that's where you can do the most work against Slaanesh.

Be'lakor has a bunch of (probably) untended interactions.

Boon of change 1+ A,S or T - it's possible to get 2x of these if using scribes

Fleshy abundance + heals D3 Wounds

Virulent blessing  (VB) +1 wound & 7+ Double Damage

6++ (Delightful agonies)

Fight in Pyschic phase (Hysterical Frenzy)

+ Str from any hearld

Any of the loci, Slaanesh is basically a better version of Korne. Nurgle is +D on 6's (combone with VB), Tzeencth is going to be quite bad.

Then there's the startgems, you could get and D3 wounds back make him fight up to 3 times in a single turn - A for anything he's in combat in etc etc.

This all said I expect in competitive play, people who do that will have ways of removing him fairly swiftly. And I expect he'll be in for a swing with the nurf bat soon.

Honestly if someone asked me to point to a model that represents everything that is starting to tick me off about GW/40k he'd one of the models i'd point to.