Trading Post rules from WarCom 03/12/21

Axineton

I'm not even sure how you managed to find this! Even now I know it exists I can't find it on the WarCom site unless I follow your link! 

I'm guessing this will be the version of the trading post included in the Book of the Outcast, but it's cool they're providing it for free as well for people that aren't that bothered about that book, given the older version is in the now defunct Gangs of the Underhive. It is a bit strange they've not included the appendices to the trading post from Book of Peril/Judgement/Ruin; it would have been nice to just have everything in one place.

There's quite a few stealth updates in there though. Here's what I've found:

• Solid ammo has been added for sawn-off shotguns. It was previously only available to Orlock and Cawdor gangs, though it cost them 10 creds.
  • Grav pistol has been added. I think his was first included in Book of Shadow (so it was Delaque only).
  • Combi-weapons with a grenade launcher can now take optional extra grenade types; krak grenades and stun rounds.
  • Stun rounds have also been added to the standard grenade launcher. They are similar to the Stun Rounds you can ad to a Goliath Assault Grenade Launcher, though with a longer range (24" instead of 18"). Enforcers can also take Stun Grenades in their grenade launcher, which is the same stats but no rapid fire. 
  • Cleaver has been added to Mundane Combat Weapons. They were previously in the House of Faith (so Cawdor only).
  • Heavy Club has been added to Mundane Combat Weapons. They were previously in the House of Faith (so Cawdor only).
  • Whip has been added to Mundane Combat Weapons. They were previously in the House of Blades (so Escher only). Though they also now use the strength of the user instead of being strength 2. I suspect that was a mistake in House of Blades; the only models that could equip them were Wyld Runners who have strength 2, but obviously they could advance and get stronger.
  • Power Claw has been added to Power/Shock Weapons. I don't know if this was ever in a Necromunda book before now?
  • Greatsword has been added to Two-Handed Weapons. They were previously in House of Faith (so Cawdor only).
  • Polearm has been added to Two-Handed Weapons. They were previously in House of Faith (so Cawdor only). They were literally useless to Cawdor though because for 10 credits less you could have an autogun/polearm with the same melee stats.
  • Psi Amplifier has been added to Weapon Accessories. These are completely new. They seem to be incredibly difficult to find (rarity 15) and equip (a separate action, presumably using the same modifiers as a trade action, is needed to find someone to upgrade the weapon, that also needs a 15). Even if you do all of this you just add the new Force trait to a melee weapon, which gives it Power and Sever traits if wielded by a psyker. Just at a glance, I'm not sure how this is much better than just equipping a good melee weapon in the first place (most of which probably already have the power trait). Though I guess it's quite a good thing that Force weapons aren't easy to get in Necromunda!
  • Suspensors now do something for melee weapons (basically replicating the Bulging Biceps skill). Finally a reason for Slave Ogryn gangs to use them!!
  • Master-crafted weapons now all follow the rules introduced in the House of... books; i.e. they give you a re-roll to hit once per battle instead of once per round.
  • No gangs have improved chances to find certain items any more; e.g. in the old trading post Orlocks, Goliaths and Van Saar could find servo-harnesses at a lower rarity value. All trading post equipment is the same rarity value for any gang.
  • Exotic beasts are gone completely. Obviously most of these are gang specific anyway so are included in the various House of... books. However, it does mean there's no more creepy, flying, blue babies (Caryatid). Also, it seems to mean you can't give exotic beasts to anyone that doesn't have them on their equipment list (usually just Leaders and Champions). I'm not actually definite about that last point though because they are wargear and this can be switched between fighters freely I believe.
  • Most of the weapon profiles for House specific weaponry (things like Cawdor blunderbuss polearms, Van Saar suppression lasers) etc. has been removed. One thing I don't understand is the inclusion of the profile for the Storm Welder?? There's no price or rarity for it. As far as I know it's still only something a Goliath Forge-born can equip.

There's probably more changes I've not spotted. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Axineton, and for taking the time to go through the updated Trading Post, Widowmaker82!

I've quickly gone through a few items of the list and seems like the PDF document above contains the same list as the Trading Post section of the Book of the Outcast. Nice (and unexpected) of GW to release this as a free PDF. :)