30 seconds out

Thanks guys.

I haven't given much thought the raptor or interceptor bases.  They will probably be more bland...though I do have a 3D printed rhino that didn't come out right.  May throw that misshapen tank on the base of one of the raptors and "church it up" to make it look like it was on the receiving end of the raptor's gun run.

As for squadron leader, I have one marked out with a white vert fin.  I liked the idea of a Ravenwing scheme but I had already base coated and the first layer of green thrown on at the time you suggested it the first time, Master Ciaphas.  

Perhaps if you ever get more planes you can make a Ravenwing Ace …. Maybe some bone stripes might work ?,

Remember the 5th Co colours …that quartered knee pad scheme what was it ?!?… black bone and green … I’m going to go look it up now !! Lol , that would make a great ace colour on a plane

Mithril

Hail!

I think a few bone stripes on the "squadron leader" or "ace" would mark them out quite nicely, actually. Good suggestion, Mithril.

Raziel-TX...we have thus decided what you need to do with your planes. Make it happen ;-)

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Haha. I guess that means I need to buy more interceptors!

Below is my last (to date) Dark Angel air/void craft. Filling that critical heavy-lift and assault support role, the stormbird courtesy of 3d printing.

gallery_19551_15776_355340.jpg

gallery_19551_15776_399456.jpggallery_19551_15776_350574.jpggallery_19551_15776_139792.jpg

Edited by Raziel-TX

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So long story short, I lost a lot of mini display space in my recent move.  So I took some mason jars and turned them into mini dioramas containers. 

Below is some combined arms action featuring Dark Angel air and ground forces. 

Bonus is that I throw on the original glass container (lid) and it keep all the dust/dirt out  

1892B197-0BF9-41F5-94A1-1E87025888D4.jpeg

7C48D298-1BC5-464F-AFD2-6FE07AAF5EBF.jpeg

94A601A3-5AED-4E8C-869F-96DD3DE0E75C.jpeg

BF6A378E-F7E0-41F4-ACA0-F248CBB87013.jpeg

E0DAF63E-E99A-4C54-A5C6-3EB120B7C7D4.jpeg

Edited by Raziel-TX

Thanks ya’ll!  For those in the USA, hobby lobby is where I got the jars from.   They are great for a single or two mini display. I got about 3-4 other ones built or in the building process. 

Now that is a great idea for Hobbyists with space constraints :thumbsup: and it keeps dust off, even better!!. 

I see the Dark Angels have nabbed some German armour from the Dark Age of Technology :tongue:... :laugh:

Cheers, Mithril 

• 1 month later...

Hahaha. 

I’ll reply with a classic Arnold quote as well, “Dillion, you son of a b…..!”

Also, I’m in. 
https://thesweetestoccasion.com/2012/12/diy-snow-globes/

when Christmas roles around I’m doing this with the other raptor. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...